Can you give some tips to beginners?

Guest lodaniel

Guest lodaniel

Hey Fiverr Community!

I just started on Fiverr and ask myself how I can improve my Gig Site. So I am free to any critique or feedback. Since I want to add another gig, I would really appreciate some tips.

(Started a new topic, because the other ones are kind of dead)

Best regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

You can take it or leave it, but here are some the problems I noticed

• Basic gig includes 10 words. What kind of document is 10 words?
  • Your gig says what you do, but you should focus more on why user should hire you and what’s the value. Create multiple gigs, each for a specific reason. For example, a separate gig for CV, another for cover letter etc.
  • The design isn’t really appealing. I know you’re going for a simple look but look around in ThemeForest. Check out the most popular CV templates. Pick one, learn it and start selling it. (Buy the licenses of course)
  • Add a video or at least an engaging cover photo. Have you checked how your gig thumbnail looks like in a search? It won’t stand out (stay away from stock photos, there are enough of those).

Guest lodaniel

Hi Daniel,

You can take it or leave it, but here are some the problems I noticed

• Basic gig includes 10 words. What kind of document is 10 words?
  • Your gig says what you do, but you should focus more on why user should hire you and what’s the value. Create multiple gigs, each for a specific reason. For example, a separate gig for CV, another for cover letter etc.
  • The design isn’t really appealing. I know you’re going for a simple look but look around in ThemeForest. Check out the most popular CV templates. Pick one, learn it and start selling it. (Buy the licenses of course)
  • Add a video or at least an engaging cover photo. Have you checked how your gig thumbnail looks like in a search? It won’t stand out (stay away from stock photos, there are enough of those).

The Screenshots of the documents have I made myself. I will try to update the gig based on your tips, thank you.

The Screenshots of the documents have I made myself. I will try to update the gig based on your tips, thank you.

The Screenshots of the documents have I made myself.

I believe that. I’m just saying that when you pick a cover photo don’t choose stock photos 😉

You know the ones where some model is sitting behind a laptop or someone’s hands are on a keyboard or the classic pen & paper 🙂

Archived