Cancellation rate needs to be removed from gig page

One of my gigs has a cancellation rate of 18% out of about 250 orders. Only ONE of these orders has been cancelled as it was late. The rest were mutual cancellations due to the fact that people ask me to post reviews on Amazon for them, which is against the terms and conditions of Fiverr. Now, I don’t care about me potentially losing my level due to cancellation (my cancellation rate is just 7% over all of my gigs anyway). What I do care about however is the fact that in big numbers is my cancellation % in full view for customers to see. This makes me seem bad, and customers ARE put off ordering from me as a result.

It needs to be removed. It serves no purpose. It would only serve a purpose if I am constantly getting cancellations for late delivery. I am not.

Reply to @kjblynx: The fact that it has been discussed before is no reason to stop discussing it. In fact, if this is Fiverr’s response to legitimate complaints

Quoting wcman1976

"I just ranted about this too, directly to Support. They said there is nothing they can do except suggest that I will counter the high cancellation percentrage by completing orders",

then it should be discussed constantly.

“percentrage” - exactly.

Reply to @kjblynx: The fact that it has been discussed before is no reason to stop discussing it. In fact, if this is Fiverr’s response to legitimate complaints

Quoting wcman1976

"I just ranted about this too, directly to Support. They said there is nothing they can do except suggest that I will counter the high cancellation percentrage by completing orders",

then it should be discussed constantly.

“percentrage” - exactly.

Reply to @kjblynx: Maybe you prefer, say, 5 posts with hundreds of replies added to it. Others prefer “a ton of different posts”. Liking a different style of posting or posting something that had been answered 2 years ago when you have just now joined the forum are not forum “violations”. Yes, the posts become redundant. But, so what? Kindly back off of admonishing others. You may not have this intention but it comes across as a rude put-down if not posted “your way”.

Reply to @ricksper: Yep, that is what I was told. And I just got screwed again because a buyer ordered a gig from me where he wanted the outline of a screenplay. This was a “message film” where he wanted to convery the point that people shouldn’t get into the arts just because it makes money, but it can be cathartic and help make life more bearable. The story I gave him expresses just that, and he writes back saying it was “plain.” Well, I apologize but my work delivered on my gig’s offer. There is no guarantee you will like it, but now I worry he will want to get a refund…or cancel. Well, either way…both those options amount to a cancelled order.

I wrote to Customer Support about this already. My natural inclination is to write back and say, “Sorry you don’t like the story. The gig doesn’t promise satisfaction, as quality is subjective, but I DID deliver what my gig promised.”

I think if a buyer cancels because they weren’t happy with your order, there should be a way for Customer Support to modify your cancellation rate if you ARGUE YOUR CASE and show them you delivered on your gig’s promise, but you were just dealing with a fickle buyer.

really am I blind, I can’t see the cancellation rate on ANY of my gigs or my page!

Cancellation rate starts appearing at around 15% on a page (although this number can go up and down and it is not set in stone. I believe it is based around the amount of orders that you have completed). I have never had a customer cancel because they weren’t happy with the order. All of my cancellations are down to people mis-ordering, and a couple of ‘late deliveries’

I would change the dialogue entirely. If you have a high cancellation rate gig. Put in your gig description that the gig is guaranteed. And as you can see my the cancel rate, I HONOR that guarantee.

I have a cancellation rate because I have requested to cancel because some people were being very rude and hard to deal with, or the customer had changed their mind. This makes it look as if I didn’t follow through. It should be removed altogether.

Had the same problem, person orders 5 gigs is extremely happy and leaves good comments with the first three. Then after finishing the fourth he canceled it and the fifth as well… But I declined since I had already worked on it. Didnt do bad work at all. Now I fear cacellation rate and bad review… Not sure what to do in this case…

~Officially Finished Arguing With Fiverr about anything…it’s clear we must fend for ourselves…~

Reply to @kjblynx: Well I think that a mix of Refuse order on seller side and a Cancel wrong placed order on buyer side could give CS an easier life.

If buyer places order by mistake, he could cancel telling he was wrong: the cancellation is recorder on Fiverr storage but not counted for seller.

If buyer places an order without reading instructions, asking something that seller clearly states he can’t do, asking something not legal or violating Fiverr TOS, or simply something that seller is not able to do (not discussed on conversation 'cause order was placed without any conversation), seller can refuse it and again this cancellation is recorded but not counted!!

These two actions (one for sellers and one for buyers) could prevent a lot of support requests and make Fiverr better IMHO.

Naturally there will be fraud buyers (scammers) placing orders and cancelling on purpose without using proper button… but it will be easy for CS to press it.

HEY! My cancellation rate (1 mutual cancellation) is no longer appearing on my profile.

Agreed. Cancellation rate needs to be removed. It is not always the sellers fault for cancellations, a lot of buyers don’t read your guidelines. And a cancellation rate shown on your gig can kill your new orders. I have a new gig with limited feedback. I had 1 cancellation. Because I had limited orders, the one cancellation made up a high percent of all my orders completed thus far, and fiverr put “17% cancellation rate” on my gig. I haven’t had an order since.

What about removing cancellations that are not seller’s fault? I mean, if buyer ordered by mistake or without reading instructions (so ordering something seller clearsy states he/she can’t do) or asking something that’s not legal or against TOS, that cancellation must simply be discarded and not counted. Stop.

I think it’s not that difficult!!

If this if implemented, cancellation ratio can be left on sellers pages 'cause it’s really a measure of real cancellations.

What do you think?

Naturally all past cancellations must be processed :slight_smile: