Fiverr Forum

Cancelled order - got refund - How do I transfer it to my paypal?

Hi, I cancelled an order because the seller couldn’t complete the gig as he had other priorities. I got refunded, how do I transfer the money back to my paypal account ? Thanks.

You can’t, you can use the credit to buy another gig.

Unfortunately you won’t be able to withdraw that money, but you will be able to use it towards other purchases on Fiverr. If you didn’t read the Terms of Service before purchasing a gig, it says:

“Fiverr does not refund payments made for cancelled orders back to your payment provider automatically. Funds from order cancellations are refunded to the buyer’s balance as credit and are available for future purchases on Fiverr. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled orders will not include processing fees paid.”

Here’s a link to the Terms of Service: https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

Thanks for the replies. I’m really upset right now as it was $200. That’s scandalous. How can they do that ? I will contact the support.

the refund payment never goes to your paypal AC, it’s BACKS to your fiverr account and you can use the payment in other services.

I have money sitting in my account too and have made other orders yet it was never applied. How do I apply my balance to a new order? I didnt find that option anywhere.

You can try and do a chargeback on paypal, but I would contact CUstomer support first and ask them to refund it and see if they can do it.

What kind of gig was this for? While I love Fiverr for buying gigs, I tend to buy on the smaller side. I guess I just cannot wrap my head around paying someone a large amount of money to a seller I do not even know their real name. Especially if I have not tried them out on something smaller.

That is sad. I know how you feel. I have experienced the same with a un-professional seller who cancelled a $45 order for no reason. First I took it bad and felt cheated, since I didn’t intend to buy something else on Fiverr right away. Then, I had an idea and I bought some awesome $5 Gigs from 9 other sellers. In the end I felt as I earned something instead of losing something. I hope that works this way for you too :slight_smile:

I don’t think that you can get the money back into your Paypal account if you have used that money to buy a gig here on Fiverr. But you can contact the Customer Support about the issue and see if they can help you to get your money back to your Paypal account.

Thanks for the replies everybody. Well it was for a seller I worked with before so I knew he could deliver something good. I decided to use the cash for other gigs I need so it’s all good. Thanks again for your replies and advices, appreciate it.

Reply to @mlclm_design: it could be scandalous, but when you created an account on Fiverr you had to read Fiverr TOS.

Refunds Fiverr does not refund payments made for cancelled orders back to your payment provider automatically. Funds from order cancellations are refunded to the buyer's balance as credit and are available for future purchases on Fiverr. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled orders will not include processing fees paid. Deposit refunds, when available from the payment provider, can be performed by our Customer Support team. To prevent fraud and abuse, we limit the total amount of times users can request a payment provider refund from their account which is subject to review by our Customer Support team. Such refunds may be subject to an additional fee. If any processing fees were added at the time of purchase to create a new order, the processing fees from that payment will be refunded along with your deposit.

Reply to @onthehustle: It should do it automatically as long as the new gig you are buying is more than the amount you have in your account. You can’t use your credits to buy part of a gig, you need enough to buy the whole gig.

Reply to @sincere18: I had $5 and ordered a $40 gig. So I can only pay for another $5 gog? Hmmm … we all know there really isnt such thing.

Reply to @onthehustle: I have to disagree. I’ve sold at least 4-5 $5 gigs in recent months and although I received tips for some, I didnt request tips. The last 3 gigs I bought were $5 gigs and while quality and quantity varied 1 of those was good enough that I tipped the seller. Not everyone is forceful on the upsell unless the buyer actually wants extras.

Reply to @sincere18: It’s important to mention that contacting CS first is really best since chargebacks are against Fiverr ToS and accounts are permanently closed if the buyer does it.

Like you, I tend to buy small too and one advantage is when you find a rare gem of a seller, you know who to go to if you do need bigger jobs. I also actively push my new buyers to start with a $5 gig of mine. Some of them do later buy larger orders, usually in the $25 range but some up to $200+. Those small starter sales have saved me a world of grief when a buyer and I just don’t match.

Reply to @fonthaunt: Pesky extras like png files when you order a logo?? lol