Cancelling order - BUYER'S Fault

here is a case:

My gig description: "No adult/nudity/dating/gambling/pharmacy related stuff please!"

Buyer site:

http://www.Date(blabla).com

Keyword:

sugar

BOOM its a dating site <<

My reply:

"hi,

I hope my description was not misleading >

No adult/nudity/dating/gambling/pharmacy related stuff please!

I do not make links to dating sites.

Please provide another site to make links.

Regards,"

His reply:

"Please either do it for the dating site or cancel the order"

NOW what kinda blackmailing is that??

If i dont work, i get my levels effected by cancelling the order?

I can’t work because its against my gig terms and also fiverr terms i guess?

I suggest to NOT effect the levels of seller when the buyer is on fault!

Hello fellow SEO seller,

My advice would be to offer him a mutual cancellation. Perhaps he didn’t read the description, but if he doesn’t want to provide another URL, your best choice would be a mutual cancellation. That way you avoid a possible negative feedback.

Don’t worry too much about your levels, if your cancellation rate is low you should be fine. I have 52 orders cancelled by mutual agreement, but I have 1450+ orders completed, so my cancellation rate is only 3.6%.

Always propose a mutual cancellation, never force a cancellation. 😉

Best Of Luck.

Hello fellow SEO seller,

My advice would be to offer him a mutual cancellation. Perhaps he didn’t read the description, but if he doesn’t want to provide another URL, your best choice would be a mutual cancellation. That way you avoid a possible negative feedback.

Don’t worry too much about your levels, if your cancellation rate is low you should be fine. I have 52 orders cancelled by mutual agreement, but I have 1450+ orders completed, so my cancellation rate is only 3.6%.

Always propose a mutual cancellation, never force a cancellation. 😉

Best Of Luck.

The mutual cancellation will still get you docked levels automatically.

Agree completely that Fiverr has NO recourse for a seller when the buyer makes demands far outside the scope of the gig’s specified terms. Any buyer can purchase any gig then make any demand they want, no matter how outrageous, and if you mutually cancel it, you will still get your levels docked. I was told that customer service doesn’t even have the ability to undo that. It’s a pretty glaring omission.

The mutual cancellation will still get you docked levels automatically.

Agree completely that Fiverr has NO recourse for a seller when the buyer makes demands far outside the scope of the gig’s specified terms. Any buyer can purchase any gig then make any demand they want, no matter how outrageous, and if you mutually cancel it, you will still get your levels docked. I was told that customer service doesn’t even have the ability to undo that. It’s a pretty glaring omission.

@s_sayan its about fair and unfair!

Its unfair with the seller to effect his levels when he has made no mistake. Its all the buyer mistake who does not read the description before ordering and then start demanding what was never offered!

And if we mutually cancel the order, its the seller who has a negative thing added to his account which may cause the cancellation of his level and damages his sales and reputation badly in the long run.

mine is 4.2 with 1850 orders completed!

@s_sayan its about fair and unfair!

Its unfair with the seller to effect his levels when he has made no mistake. Its all the buyer mistake who does not read the description before ordering and then start demanding what was never offered!

And if we mutually cancel the order, its the seller who has a negative thing added to his account which may cause the cancellation of his level and damages his sales and reputation badly in the long run.

mine is 4.2 with 1850 orders completed!

@improfessional Yes it is unfair but at least is not as bad as a negative feedback. 😉

When I created my first gig I knew all the ups and downs, so this is something I was aware of.

Yes, I know it is unfair but that is your best choice. Even if customer support cancels the order for you, it will still affect your levels a little bit. However, as I said above, you should be fine with only 4.2% cancellation rate.

This is not something that will stop you from being Top Rated Seller in the future either, as they look for popularity rather than levels. If you maintain your cancellation rate under 5% you will not lose your level 2. In fact I know of sellers with cancellation rate over 20% and they are still level 2 sellers.

Unfair? Yes

Terrible? No

Best Of Luck. 🙂

@improfessional Yes it is unfair but at least is not as bad as a negative feedback. 😉

When I created my first gig I knew all the ups and downs, so this is something I was aware of.

Yes, I know it is unfair but that is your best choice. Even if customer support cancels the order for you, it will still affect your levels a little bit. However, as I said above, you should be fine with only 4.2% cancellation rate.

This is not something that will stop you from being Top Rated Seller in the future either, as they look for popularity rather than levels. If you maintain your cancellation rate under 5% you will not lose your level 2. In fact I know of sellers with cancellation rate over 20% and they are still level 2 sellers.

Unfair? Yes

Terrible? No

Best Of Luck. 🙂

Archived