Fiverr Community Forum

Cannot create gig without education and certification

Are education and certification mandatory? I got to page 4 while setting my professional info and since I don’t have any university/college education or certificates I left those fields empty. after I click on ‘Continue and create your first gig’ it pops up with this message

Are those fields required? I looked around some of the sellers’ accounts and they don’t have education or certifications, so something must be wrong here.

All help appreciated

3 Likes

It’s a new feature that was added (can’t remember when). The profile has to be at least 65% complete. You will likely have to fill in the education section; even if it’s education from high school.

3 Likes

Thank you for the help! I was afraid that that would cause me some trouble, but if it’s the only way.

1 Like

Is there something else you could add to a different section to bump the percentage up? I’ve seen other sellers without that information, but maybe they’re older profiles…

3 Likes

Sadly, I don’t think there is. But I just added my high school education. Thank you for your response!

It doesn’t have to be just education. You could fill up anything as long as you have a 65% completion rate.

1 Like