Can't believe customer support allow this

I had a guy order 5 gigs. Normal gigs but he expected ‘early delivery’ without paying extra. Naturally I just ignored the request (says in my description that requests for fast delivery would be ignored). He decided that he would then ask for mutual cancellation. I turned it down and got in touch with customer service asking what to do as I do not want to mess up my cancellation %.

They actually advised to either mutually cancel and run the risk of losing my level OR compensating the customer if they agreed not to cancel, even though they recognized that the customer did not pay any extra…I mean seriously. Customer Support advising sellers to give buyers extra because the buyer was in the wrong. That is crazy :confused:

This was customer services response:

“If your buyer didn’t order an extra gig and you don’t want to deliver it fast I suggest you to try to solve it with your buyer. Please continue to communicate with them and try to find the solution - maybe you can offer them some kind of compensation. However, if you decide to cancel the orders with your buyer, please note that it will effect on your cancellation ratio”

I am more annoyed by the fact that I was pretty much told I was must compensate the order or actually have to cancel :confused: There should be no compensation. I should deliver when it was ordered for. I shouldn’t have to give people extra for their idiocy and I should not have to put my account at risk.

~X(

AGG! This continues to be a major pet peeve for me when it comes to this website. I have had buyers, just like yours, who demand something I clearly don’t offer or demand an extra while flat-out refusing to pay for it, and have to either muddle through and appease the beast, or risk taking a hit to the levels. The good buyers only just temper my frustration with those who are just out to squeeze us for already incredibly cheap services.

finalstep said:
  • Unless your cancellation ratio is like 9% I wouldn't worry about it and just mutually cancel the order. 1 cancel should not have any impact whatsoever.

My cancellation rate is 8%. The cancellation ratio to lose your level is roughly 20%. I have a long way to go until I get to that point (would need around 200 more order cancellations) It is just the principle though. I don't want more cancellations that I have to just in case somebody orders something in the future and genuinely needs to cancel (somebody order 25 gigs from me once, every one needed to end up being cancelled as he lost his account. If something like that happens in the future then I could lose everything)

Unless your cancellation ratio is like 9% I wouldn’t worry about it and just mutually cancel the order. 1 cancel should not have any impact whatsoever.

ryangillam said: maybe you can offer them some kind of compensation. However, if you decide to cancel the orders with your buyer, please note that it will effect on your cancellation ratio

This is such a huge issue and buyers are aware this flaw, knowing that customer service allows this! It's a huge issue that I wish Fiverr HQ would fix it. Buyers shouldn't be allowed to bully sellers and seller shouldn't have to be forced to face punishment for buyer blackmail!

Don't cancel, and if he still refuses work with you tell Customer Service you want to report them as Terms of Service clearly states: "Posting or sending adult, illegal, rude, abusive, improper, copyright protected, promotional, spam, violent, nonsense or any uncool stuff is strictly prohibited. Doing so will get your account blocked permanently."

Push back on Customer Service, it's clearly abusive to you as a seller. Is completely nonsense and very uncool! Make sure to attach your communications with the buyer, and type out everything thing to them staying express is not granted unless service is purchased. Also includes the Terms of Service stating: "Sellers must fulfill their orders, and may not cancel on a regular basis or without cause."

Him blackmailing and bullying you is not proper cause, be nice and professional but don't go down without a fight. Buyers will only keep bullying if sellers keep letting this happen, and fold!

Best of luck to you! :)

Reply to @thepromogirl: I’m clapping my hands to your post, really!!!

thepromogirl said: Buyers will only keep bullying if sellers keep letting this happen
This is the truth!!

Reply to @bachas85: Bachas, if CS can’t help, whom should we send our complaints to about this?

There is no support here, only volunteers who tell you to submit a ticket on a ticket system that doesn’t work. The official staff is seemingly busy with other mysterious tasks.

Reply to @cheezees: problem is not CS itself, problem is about the rules that Fiverr management decided to state. The complete inequality of rights between buyers and sellers are a fact everyone sees here, you can see hundreds posts here on forum talking about this; you can also see a lot of posts suggesting improvements, bug fixes… but only a little percentage has been implemented… why? Either because Fiverr employees are too few (and I don’t think this is the main reason) or because management thinks that their strategy is good. Honestly, their strategy is unfair for us sellers, but gigs, sellers and incomes are growing for Fiverr… so probably they’re right.

At the end, what can we do? Complaining with CS, sure, but it’s more important to be united and force buyers to respect us, gently but strongly!

Don’t let our passion be destroyed by a few bad buyers!

What the hell should a seller “compensate” if they deliver exactly what the buyer orders? If you don’t miss deadline and deliver what your gig says, it’s all the buyer’s fault, seriously, why should we offer even more extra work for nothing?

Reply to @kjblynx: I’m sorry, but that’s just naive. They’d solve much more if it was like this, and… c’mon, at least with all the complains in forums - how sellers are treated like ***, buyers can blackmail and bully,… - they would already do something about it. It’s too common issue and yeah, nothing happens.