Can't verify my account because phone number is used in another account that I do not know of

gracezhai

Question

Hey there community! Im trying to create a new account on Fiverr but when I input my phone number, I’m told it’s already connected to another Fiverr account. I don’t recall creating a fiverr account prior to the account I’m creating today so I’m unsure how to proceed with the phone number verification.
Hope someone can advise 🙂 Thanks!

• Like 15

12 answers to this question

I guess the only thing you can do is contact support@fiverr.com and explain your situation, so they can check if there yet is some other account you created and forgot about attached to the phone number or if someone else somehow managed to use your number for their account.

I think some phone numbers might be “recycled”, so there is the off chance that you got a number that has been used by someone who had a Fiverr account under that number but as you don’t really know that you never created a Fiverr account but just don’t recall it, probably it’s that.
In either case, support is your only chance at solving this issue.

• Like 13

I wanted to start selling a gig on fiver, now i need to verify that its actually me. i’ve noticed that whenever i try to verify with my phone number it says there is a problem with me. My brother also wanted to start selling a few days ago. But he used my phone number for this. is it possible that my phone number will be disconnected from his profile so i can use it on my own profile?

I hope to hear from you soon.

• Like 7

You should probably check with Customer Support first, but here:

How do I change my phone number?

Here’s how you can change your phone number:

• Go to your profile settings.
  • In the “Phone Verification” section, click “Edit." Here, you will be asked to answer your security question, provide your old phone number, and then enter your new number.
  • You should then receive a code via SMS to the new phone number entered in order to verify your account.

source: fiverr.com/support/articles/360011329498-Account-and-profile-settings?segment=seller

also:

this is what CS told me.

1388005875_ScreenShot2021-03-22at1_30_35PM.thumb.png.a4786764e9b2c37da62b15da56ee3064.png

• Like 7

On 11/24/2018 at 1:53 PM, gracezhai said:

Hey there community! Im trying to create a new account on Fiverr but when I input my phone number, I’m told it’s already connected to another Fiverr account. I don’t recall creating a fiverr account prior to the account I’m creating today so I’m unsure how to proceed with the phone number verification.
Hope someone can advise 🙂 Thanks!

Hi! Is your problem solved? If yes please tell me how. I am facing the same one so please help.

• Like 6

I have the same problem. Apparently i signed up AGES ago with my current phone number. I tried "forgot my password" with every email address that I have, but none are associated with an account. Customer support told me to get a new phone number. BS

• Like 4