Fiverr Community Forum

Case study about using Fiverr Buyer "Vacation mode"

Hi guys,

Just want to tell all of you guys how stupid I was when not using vacation mode.
I have a gig about drawing doodle, and it did doing well 2 months ago. Then I got sick and had to go to a hospital, after this, I couldn’t work on Fiverr for a while. And how careless of me, I didn’t turn on “Vacation mode”.
And guess what, there were some buyers who didn’t contact me before placing orders. (So they didn’t know I couldn’t take jobs this time). Now I’m having tons of 1* rating because they canceled their orders.

So if I did turn on Vacation mode, there wouldn’t have these orders.

So, my lesson is “TURN ON VACATION MODE IF YOU CAN’T ONLINE AND WORK FOR A WHILE”!!!
I don’t know if I should create a new gig or still using my old one. Haizzz, can anybody give me some advices?

11 Likes

Hi there!

I’m so sorry to hear you’ve been poorly, and hope you’re feeling much better now! :sunny:

Such a shame because you’ve had fabulous reviews.

You only had the cancelled feedbacks on one gig, so why not put a note on there and on your profile description to explain things were out of your control for a while, but it’s all back to normal now?

Good luck! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Also, if you are still able to respond to the 1:star: reviews, you may be able to explain what happened. :wink:

1 Like

Hi Vickie,
Thanks for your advice but I couldn’t do anything because these orders were canceled. It seems like we just can contact Resolution center when an order still active.

1 Like

Thanks for your advice, I changed my “quote” (the line right behind your username on profile page), hope it’ll help a little bit.
I’m still confused about changing gig’s description. I want this field just focus on my service.

2 Likes

I think, u have to create new gig, cause u say 1 ★ rating

1 Like

But if I create new gig, my gallery will be empty. My old gig has so much good reviews from my old customers.

2 Likes

oh that’s things, ok don’t create