Fiverr Forum

Category Refresh

Here is the current list of categories in the Forum for reference.
Top level categories are in bold, while sub-categories are listed below them.

Welcome
News
Fiverr FAQ
Community Rules and Guidelines
New User Introductions
Fiverr Tips
Tips for Sellers
Tips for Buyers
Your Fiverr Experience
Improve My Gig
Fiverr Stories
My Fiverr Gigs
The Ranting Pot
Conversations
Fiverr Site
Forum Feedback
Fiverr Site Suggestions
Report a Bug
Events
Community Events
Fiverrcast (Podcast)
Weekly Polls
AND CO
Learn. From Fiverr
(locked to those who purchase Learn courses)
Fiverr Pro
Fiverr Affiliates
Fiverr Studio: Connections

14 Likes

Could a “Tips for new sellers” category be introduced?
Also potentially some other more specific tip categories? Maybe for Pros (read only for everyone else), experienced sellers, etc?

Alternatively, categorised by tip types such as “creating a gig”, “marketing”, etc.
The tips for sellers category is where most new sellers are directed but it is huge and a mish-mash of good stuff and regurgitated bad advice

17 Likes

I’d like to see a PG 18 ‘Bar Fight’ category that people enter at their own risk.

Sometimes having a good argument is healthy. When conversations start getting heated on the main forum, a MOD could move the tread to the Bar Fight category and just let everybody have at it. (Anyone could leave at any time, of course).

I guess it would be a bit like The Purge or Fight Club, just for Fiverr users. All posts and threads could also be deleted automatically after 12-hous. This way, arguments and altercations wouldn’t go on indefinitely.

5 Likes

What about a “Things I love about fiverr” category. :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

The last five categories don’t see much action. There’s little input from staff in those categories plus many are using the Conversations category to discuss the latter 5 in general. How about a category for Webinars in the Events section?

The Fiverr Studio section, for example, needs some restrictions in place if not plainly visible instructions on what it’s for. Maybe only make it available for those that are actually part of a studio order so that they can communicate with one another and have their conversation blocked from view by those who aren’t part of that group. AND CO needs to go.

Learn From Fiverr isn’ t really needed. Maybe in its place there could be an education section or a How to Use Fiverr and Its Features Properly section. If the Fiverr Site Suggestions is to stay, then fiverr staff needs to be more active in addressing posts; i.e. acknowledging that they’ve been read along with any decisions about the suggestion.

3 Likes

I’d make Fiverr FAQ it’s own top level category and have it be an actual FAQ, a read only section, with all the FAQs and answers of the simple Q/A kind, like can I have 2 accounts on different devices, that are being asked over and over again and clutter up random other categories.

Mods could move “topics” that clearly are answered by the FAQ to the relevant FAQ, in a locked state, then the people asking could read that FAQ instead of other people having to repeat themselves ad infinitum.

The FAQ could also contain "themed collections of topics about not-so-clear-Q/As in form of a list of links, like “How to make my first sale?”. Mods could curate those FAQs, and make updates if anything “official” changes, like ToS, add new relevant threads to the link lists, etc.
Like that, such questions could still be actively discussed on demand in the newer threads that would pop up in the “last posts” lists and their original category, as there can always be new people, new angles, new developments, etc., but the people actively looking for a “best of” to their question, could find it in the FAQ (and check out the linked threads for more, if it’s no simple cookie cutter FAQ).

I’d take “My Fiverr Gigs” out of “Your Fiverr Experience”, it doesn’t really belong there, IMO, and call it “THE one place to advertise your Gigs” or something.

Fiverr Tips
Tips for Sellers
Tips for Buyers

I’d drop the top level (a top level category for only 2 sub categories seems to complicate the whole category system rather than simplify it) and make both of these top level + try with “from” instead of “for”:
Tips from Sellers
Tips from Buyers

I’d add a “Forum Fun” category to Your Fiverr Experience, for things that aren’t really conversations, like the fun emoji threads and whatever people else might feel inspired to come up with at the sight of such a category. (Maybe some threads that probably would get much resonance like “You know you’ve been on Fiverr for too long when …” kind of fun threads could be pinned as “forum staples” that many people would enjoy and add to)

Perhaps move the “Weekly Polls” away from “Events” (would anyone look for a poll in “Events”? Not me., maybe also remove the “Weekly” (are they really weekly? I don’t notice them coming up in the newest topics list as often) and perhaps make it a category for all forum users to post polls in instead to make it more lively?

6 Likes

Great Advice! I agree with you.

1 Like

Interesting​:thinking::thinking:
Bar Fight category!!
Don’t think that would be a possibility

1 Like

Some time back, @cyaxrex suggested that Fiverr could introduce some type of Medium.com style area where sellers could post things about their niche, expertise, samples of their work etc. which could then be either linked to from their profiles or sent to buyers who contact them.
I feel that is a great idea and would be really useful in terms of educating buyers who are looking for services and answering questions they might have. It would also potentially be very good for bringing new buyers to Fiverr as these should rank relatively well given Fiverr’s domain strength.

6 Likes

That’s a great idea! How did I miss that?

Good thinking @cyaxrex

1 Like

He has so many it’s tough to keep up with them all

1 Like

True dat. (20 characterssssssss)

1 Like

How about Fiverr Tips like below
Tips for new Sellers
Tips for experienced Sellers
Tips for Buyers.

Thank you. Two compliments in one day is quite extraordinary. I may have to have a lie-down due to the shock.

You are both pretty awesome yourselves. :slight_smile:

6 Likes