Change order made by buyer without consultation

carolicruz

Hi! I hope you are well.

I’d like to consult the Forum users about the following:

A buyer placed an order after I submitted an offer to his Buyer Request. We discussed the details of the project and agreed on changing the price and the delivery time. Now, I want to know what is the best way to proceed.

a- Using the “Offer More Extras” option in the Order page, to modify the order (add more days to the delivery time and an extra cost).

Here is a screenshot of this option, just to be clear about it.

1429578516_Offermoreextras.PNG.72970a4e0ad05551901c8363b423f9b6.PNG
Offer more extras845×572 19.2 KB

b- Making a Custom Offer to the buyer for the same job, charging the extra cost in this new order.

The second option would be better for me, as it would mean having two reviews instead of one when the order is completed. What I’m unsure about is if the buyer will find this way of proceeding too complicated.

I’d like to have feedback on this! Please share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Hi! I hope you are well.

I’d like to consult the Forum users about the following:

A buyer placed an order after I submitted an offer to his Buyer Request. We discussed the details of the project and agreed on changing the price and the delivery time. Now, I want to know what is the best way to proceed.

a- Using the “Offer More Extras” option in the Order page, to modify the order (add more days to the delivery time and an extra cost).

Here is a screenshot of this option, just to be clear about it.

b- Making a Custom Offer to the buyer for the same job, charging the extra cost in this new order.

The second option would be better for me, as it would mean having two reviews instead of one when the order is completed. What I’m unsure about is if the buyer will find this way of proceeding too complicated.

I’d like to have feedback on this! Please share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

having two reviews

There’s no guarantee they’ll leave any review at all, and discussing reviews can lead to a warning or a ban.

Making things as simple for the buyer is good customer service.

having two reviews

There’s no guarantee they’ll leave any review at all, and discussing reviews can lead to a warning or a ban.

Making things as simple for the buyer is good customer service.

I see. You’re right about good customer service.

Thank you for your insight!

I prefer to make two orders so I can be judged only on the tasks in each gig, plus get the ratings security of having another order. If the buyer really likes you he won’t mind and will understand that separate products require separate orders.

But if the orders are linked in some way I would do it as one order.

I prefer to make two orders so I can be judged only on the tasks in each gig, plus get the ratings security of having another order. If the buyer really likes you he won’t mind and will understand that separate products require separate orders.

But if the orders are linked in some way I would do it as one order.

Thanks for your comment, humanissocial. Nice feedback. 👍

In my case, the orders were linked so I decided to do it as a single order.

Archived