Changing my Username [ARCHIVED]

ajperryjr

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @jamesosix: they probably won’t ever allow that, because think of all those fake buyers & sellers who make a bad name for themselves, and if they could change their usernames they would start another round of scamming people right away because of this feature 😦 I just don’t see it’s advantages…

• 5 months later...

i dont see the issue if they do it like ebay did it. All of your previous details come with you, and if people really want to check you out, and what you’ve done your ratings would be the same.

Fiverr knows who did the bad, and could close their accounts as opposed to allowing name changes anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest matt_garry

wow those are some bad usernames lol some of you guys that are complaining about name changes first of all what did you drink to decide on that? and second most of you have few gig sales or no gigs at all so why don’t you just contact CS ask them to delete your account so you can start fresh:)

• 6 months later...

Reply to @cheezees: you know, I’m not sure about this; I have the feeling that if a bad seller can change his username and change his image too, many buyers could not recognize him and be scammed again: on a site with millions users you can remember some bad apple you met by the name…

Now let’s think about the same thing from seller side: if you have a bad buyer and he contacts you again, you can tell him you are not going to work for him; now if he changes his name (and you know nothing about him 'cause buyers don’t have a visible rating system) he can fool you again and again and again till the end of your days 😦

• 4 weeks later...

no user name changes. This is annoying, then users can change their users and you cant keep up with who is who.

No fiverr, dont do this!

Names are meant to identify each other and our services. So deal with it, dont like your username? guess who’s fault is that you have that name.

Think before you act.

Guest ricksper

I don’t think their file structure allows for that to happen. It looks to me like your username is stored as a subdirectory on their servers and your Gigs and all of your activities are stored under that subdirectory as subdirectories. Changing your username would involve a very complicated process.

That may also be the reason why your Gig’s title’s file name doesn’t change even if you change the title, JustMyGuess

• 1 month later...

Archived