Chargebacks - Can Someone Explain This to Me?

cyaxrex

I have had a chargeback. - I think. Fiverr has simply notified me that the seller has canceled their order and the bottom of the 3-month old order page now looks like this:

1826844252_Screenshotat2018-08-1609-01-22.png.50003b84da7b746bdc9a8d24fc0948e1.png

There is no mention anywhere of a chargeback. in this case, the first question I would like answering is why?

I believe this is a chargeback as the buyer profile is no longer active. However, telling me that after 3-months, a buyer just came along and had their funds returned to their Fiverr balance tells me otherwise.

Secondly, this buyer had purchased several gigs on Fiverr from different sellers. I know because they asked me to cancel their delivered order and made mention of the fact. Also, googling their username shows several reviews left for other sellers. In this case, I believe that CS should have an easy job disputing any chargeback.

• Fiverr can easily prove that my work was delivered to the buyer
  • Because of the above, the buyer would have to file disputes with PayPal concerning all their orders on Fiverr. (Wouldn’t they?)
  • In the above case, it would be easy for Fiverr to demonstrate that all orders were delivered and that because orders were placed over a long period of time, it is highly unlikely that the card used to pay on Fiverr was legitimately lost or stolen

I have notified Fiverr that if this is a chargeback, I would like this matter disputing. In this case, if anyone can explain what ‘magic words’ they have used to have chargebacks disputed in the past, this would be greatly appreciated.

Edit:

Also, could someone explain why the same cancellation appears twice in my earnings page?

1137311789_Screenshotat2018-08-1609-54-34.thumb.png.bee5833b4644ab1aace294f43eba3f4f.png

I have had a chargeback. - I think. Fiverr has simply notified me that the seller has canceled their order and the bottom of the 3-month old order page now looks like this:

There is no mention anywhere of a chargeback. in this case, the first question I would like answering is why?

I believe this is a chargeback as the buyer profile is no longer active. However, telling me that after 3-months, a buyer just came along and had their funds returned to their Fiverr balance tells me otherwise.

Secondly, this buyer had purchased several gigs on Fiverr from different sellers. I know because they asked me to cancel their delivered order and made mention of the fact. Also, googling their username shows several reviews left for other sellers. In this case, I believe that CS should have an easy job disputing any chargeback.

• Fiverr can easily prove that my work was delivered to the buyer
  • Because of the above, the buyer would have to file disputes with PayPal concerning all their orders on Fiverr. (Wouldn’t they?)
  • In the above case, it would be easy for Fiverr to demonstrate that all orders were delivered and that because orders were placed over a long period of time, it is highly unlikely that the card used to pay on Fiverr was legitimately lost or stolen

I have notified Fiverr that if this is a chargeback, I would like this matter disputing. In this case, if anyone can explain what ‘magic words’ they have used to have chargebacks disputed in the past, this would be greatly appreciated.

Edit:

Also, could someone explain why the same cancellation appears twice in my earnings page?

I have notified Fiverr that if this is a chargeback, I would like this matter disputing.

No ideas to help I’m afraid, but I wish you all the best with it and didn’t want to leave you hanging. :frowning_face:

I don’t know if the Fiverr CS fights for a Chargeback or simply let those buyers go. This really harms a seller’s profile and ratings.

Some strict rules should be made in favor of the sellers as well if they have successfully delivered their services for what they were asked for.

It is so simple to provide the work proofs to PayPal if any Chargeback takes place and I think its not a seller’s problem if the card used was stolen or lost.

If a seller has done his/her job as described, he should get paid for it.

I don’t know if the Fiverr CS fights for a Chargeback or simply let those buyers go. This really harms a seller’s profile and ratings.

Some strict rules should be made in favor of the sellers as well if they have successfully delivered their services for what they were asked for.

It is so simple to provide the work proofs to PayPal if any Chargeback takes place and I think its not a seller’s problem if the card used was stolen or lost.

If a seller has done his/her job as described, he should get paid for it.

Hi,

There was a charge-back a seller had had not so long ago. Apparently, it was a HUGE order worth a lot of spent time and resources. And, Fiverr filed a petition on behalf of this seller. In the end, they were apparently able to refund the money back to the seller. Have a look-

Hello Fiverr Community, I hope you all are doing great today. I am very happy to let everyone know that I have got my money back from that scammed order. Fiverr contact support helped me to get the all the money back from the scammer and CS was outstanding throughout this process. It was a very hard time both for me and my team. But at last, we got our reward for nonstop hard work during the order period. The support from you guys is also appreciable. Thank you so much for your support throug…

Hopefully the OP is able to get a similar outcome as well. 🤞

A charge-back months after finishing a job is horrible, and sounds like fraud to me. I hope you get your money back, cyaxrex.

I just submitted a custom order to someone… are they going to hesitate because of this risk? I am trying to build a good working relationship with them, but what does that mean if I can just steal the money all back?

A charge-back months after finishing a job is horrible, and sounds like fraud to me. I hope you get your money back, cyaxrex.

I just submitted a custom order to someone… are they going to hesitate because of this risk? I am trying to build a good working relationship with them, but what does that mean if I can just steal the money all back?

A charge-back months after finishing a job is horrible, and sounds like fraud to me.

dirty buyer 🤮

Imagine buying a shirt and then going back to the shop months later to get the money you spent… And then you also get to keep the shirt.

Ridiculous.

Imagine buying a shirt and then going back to the shop months later to get the money you spent… And then you also get to keep the shirt.

Ridiculous.

Ridiculous.

Good you pointed out this!

What happens when chargebacks are done over Amazon or eBay? Do buyers get to keep their goods or have to return them after being refunded?

Ridiculous.

Good you pointed out this!

What happens when chargebacks are done over Amazon or eBay? Do buyers get to keep their goods or have to return them after being refunded?

I recently attempted a chargeback (for a very legitimate reason) with Envato Studios. I didn’t get my money back. As far as Envato is concerned, I paid for a product, I clicked the download button, end of.

Makes you wonder what is so different here.

😢

Don’t cry for me Venezuela. 🙂

No body died and I’m savage when it comes to getting revenge.

Don’t cry for me Venezuela. 🙂

❤️

No body died and I’m savage when it comes to getting revenge.

Just try to do it with elengace ! You should never lose glamour 😉

Ridiculous.

Ridiculous.

or buying pizza and then going back to the store months later to get the money you spent just because the shape of the pizza is not like a cute rabbit. 🐇

n that case, I’ll make sure to wear my best cocktail dress kinky boot combo.

do it beautifully, no scratch, just clean and sharp. Remember, as a seller must provide high quality results. 🤤

Muahahahahahaha :crazy_face:

142297_1.png avextor:

Well, it still remains to be seen whether this was a chargeback or whether Fiverr refunded the customer. Until then, it is still up in the air so to speak.

What would be ideal is if sellers could be given the option by Fiverr to challenge payment disputes on a personal basis, not to mention give full clarification concerning why Fiverr itself chooses to refund buyers without consulting sellers first.

They need to tighten the reigns a bit; bot fiverr and PayPal. PayPal needs to shorten the timeframe for which someone can request a chargeback and look into the matter of why they want to do such thing. Fiverr needs a ‘gate’ if you will that will prevent chargebacks and monies from being removed from sellers account without both parties being present and them trying to figure out why the client want their funds back through that method; especially after x-amount of time.

Well, it still remains to be seen whether this was a chargeback or whether Fiverr refunded the customer. Until then, it is still up in the air so to speak.

What would be ideal is if sellers could be given the option by Fiverr to challenge payment disputes on a personal basis, not to mention give full clarification concerning why Fiverr itself chooses to refund buyers without consulting sellers first.

132392_1.png cyaxrex:

Fiverr still has to investigate the buyer because it has caused chaos and violated the standard system of buying and selling.

I’m sure every order has been completed, meaning there will never be complaints.

The seller always offers revisions if needed. The buyer must also respect the seller.

They need to tighten the reigns a bit; bot fiverr and PayPal. PayPal needs to shorten the timeframe for which someone can request a chargeback and look into the matter of why they want to do such thing. Fiverr needs a ‘gate’ if you will that will prevent chargebacks and monies from being removed from sellers account without both parties being present and them trying to figure out why the client want their funds back through that method; especially after x-amount of time.

PayPal needs to shorten the timeframe for which someone can request a chargeback and look into the matter of why they want to do such thing.

Do you know the timeframe given by Paypal?

Fiverr still has to investigate the buyer because it has caused chaos and violated the standard system of buying and selling.

I’m sure every order has been completed, meaning there will never be complaints.

The seller always offers revisions if needed. The buyer must also respect the seller.

Fiverr needs to do more than that. The buyer who has charged back on this order was evil incarnate.

The buyer ordered. After delivery they asked for a minor revision. After that they requested cancellation and seemed to expect me to accept straight away. I didn’t. Then the buyer started threatening me, tried to lure me into contacting them outside of Fiverr, and eventually started sending me abusive messages via FB.

Given all of the above, I would have cancelled at the time just to get rid of the maniac. However, that would have seen me demoted to Level 1 a few days later.

Anyway the buyer suddenly became nice again and asked for 1 more revision. I provided this and then the buyer told me they wanted a second video creating. - No way was that happening. I left it after that and told the buyer to contact Fiverr if they had a problem.

In short, it was a trainwreck of an order experience which I was pushed into by Fiverr due to the fact that I would have been damned if I did cancel. This is why I will be livid if after 3-months Fiverr has refunded the buyer and also livid if Fiverr is simply going to let this fly.

Immediately after I received this cancellation notice, I received a new order on the same gig from a new buyer sending me files in the same format as the buyer from the chargeback. They also gave me a very similar one sentence brief. In this case, I though fudge even taking that risk, and cancelled the order immediately. That buyer could have been legitimate but there is no way I’m giving buyers the benefit of the doubt.

Fiverr needs to do more than that. The buyer who has charged back on this order was evil incarnate.

The buyer ordered. After delivery they asked for a minor revision. After that they requested cancellation and seemed to expect me to accept straight away. I didn’t. Then the buyer started threatening me, tried to lure me into contacting them outside of Fiverr, and eventually started sending me abusive messages via FB.

Given all of the above, I would have cancelled at the time just to get rid of the maniac. However, that would have seen me demoted to Level 1 a few days later.

Anyway the buyer suddenly became nice again and asked for 1 more revision. I provided this and then the buyer told me they wanted a second video creating. - No way was that happening. I left it after that and told the buyer to contact Fiverr if they had a problem.

In short, it was a trainwreck of an order experience which I was pushed into by Fiverr due to the fact that I would have been damned if I did cancel. This is why I will be livid if after 3-months Fiverr has refunded the buyer and also livid if Fiverr is simply going to let this fly.

Immediately after I received this cancellation notice, I received a new order on the same gig from a new buyer sending me files in the same format as the buyer from the chargeback. They also gave me a very similar one sentence brief. In this case, I though fudge even taking that risk, and cancelled the order immediately. That buyer could have been legitimate but there is no way I’m giving buyers the benefit of the doubt.

Fiverr must make rules for buyers and prospective buyers. The buyer cannot get the money back after the order finished for any reason.

Archived