Charging more / urgency rate as a new seller

So, I still haven’t reached any seller status, but I’ve had a buyer who wanted to pay for urgency. Or suppose I got a buyer who simply wants to pay more for a bigger gig (which my gig supports).

How can I proceed? Can I tell them to simply buy more gigs?

And how should I proceed? Should I tell them it can’t be done?

In other words, why were those resources removed from new sellers?

I’m not quite sure what you’re asking. Extras such as express delivery, ordering gig multiples, and having gig extras are reserved for higher level sellers as an incentive to give great service and a quality product. However I understand your struggle. Personally I think that if you haven’t reached a level yet you should jump on the idea of a buyer wanting to pay you more for a speedy delivery. Although you may not have that option available for them I would suggest offering guaranteed 1 or 2 day delivery to them and suggesting they either compensate you through ordering another gig or buying that gig twice - probably after your delivery. Although this may be a questionable way of going about it, I would view it more as a form of tipping than anything else. People have “tip” gigs, I don’t see why a buyer couldn’t order two of the same gig as a form of tip. Though if you’re not comfortable doing that I would suggest either delivering as fast as they request to develop a great relationship and to receive great feedback. Or just tell them that your gig states the amount of days that you take to complete your project and sometime in the future you may be able to complete it in the amount of time they are requesting and you hope they’ll come back then.

I hope that answered your question

@cauerego

Hi and welcome.

First, be advised that Fiverr does not allow Off Fiverr links in your gig description and that could get your gig dropped.

A Buyer can buy additional gigs to cover anything you discuss that is beyond the intitial scope of the gig.

On Fiverr you have to earn the resources. That requires you to have an active gig for 30 days, have 10 sales and excellent ratings.

At this early stage, it is imperative for you to deliver quickly with a very high level of quality of product and customer service. It’s not as hard or as out of reach as you might think.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Reply to @babybear613: it doesn’t answer my question, but you got most of the point. I have already asked them to buy more gigs even before asking this question, but I’m not sure it was the proper “fiverr” way of doing business. I do know about the tip gigs, but this is not a “tip” concept.

You seem to agree with my general thoughts about it, but I was looking for more accertative answer. You seem to be guessing the same as I did! :slight_smile:

In any case, thank you for sharing!

Reply to @voiceoverwork: thanks, that answers it! If you mean I should ask him to just buy more gigs indeed… I got some mixed interpretation there, as if I have to earn that resource before buyers can do it properly.

But what you mean by “Off Fiverr links”? Links pointing to URL outside fiverr.com ? I don’t think I did that, so why exactly are you mentioning this?

cauerego said: I don't think I did that, so why exactly are you mentioning this?

Second paragraph of your gig description contains an Off Fiver link, and its not one of the ones Fiverr does allow.

cauerego said: I got some mixed interpretation there, as if I have to earn that resource before buyers can do it properly

Until you have Gig Extra options, you just ask the Buyer to buy the number of gigs that equal the amount you agree on.

Reply to @voiceoverwork: perfect, thanks! :smiley:

Reply to @voiceoverwork: oh yeah, I did! Sorry. But that’s quite important to my gig. How can I make it so fiverr allows it?

cauerego said: But that's quite important to my gig. How can I make it so fiverr allows it?

Use Youtube or Flickr links for displaying your work.

Reply to @voiceoverwork: Awesome. I’ll try that.