Fiverr Community Forum

Cheated by a buyer

One buyer placed an order of 6 video voiceovers with me and cancelled the order after taking all the work. He even wrote I did a good job, more than he expected. I had 5 more days to go for submission and I sent him voiceovers on fiverr order link but did not submit order as he wanted to see the voiceover work before submission and he just took all work and cancelled. What can I do?

23 Likes

Same to me before. It was the worst experience. :angry:
Nothing to say about it.

3 Likes

The buyer orders, pays, and then you deliver.

If you bypass this you will have worked for free.

Suggest you read the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Everything is explained there in great detail.

Everyone needs to read the Terms of Service before buying or selling anything on Fiverr.

This will avoid so many buyer and seller problems.

9 Likes

Hi…but we need to submit work before hitting deliver right? Anyhow I have learnt my lesson. That buyer is freely using my work on YouTube channel and garnering views. I have contacted resolution centre but not expecting anything positive. I had 5 more days to submission so even if the buyer cancelled, should I not get a message/ mail that from fiverr for same?

I think it’s a misunderstanding.
Where exactly did you deliver your work?
Through the Inbox message as an attachment or through the order page (buyer already place an order?) ?

This may be helpful to you: https://forum.fiverr.com/t/top-5-tips-to-protect-yourself-from-badly-behaved-buyers

2 Likes

Yes we had an ongoing order. I delivered him On the attachment link of chat page that comes in order timeline section. I had 5 more days but I delivered earlier And since file size was over 1gb. I had taken screenshots of my delivery and his comments and was going to submit before which he cancelled.

Did you get any resolution? I am feeling so disappointed right now.

Thanks…I just wish I had not put so much hard work in it.

1 Like

You have to deliver it through the order page. Hit the deliver-now-button (green) than you will be able to send your work.
Everything in the “normal” message box won’t be accept as a delivering.
As @lloydsolutions mentioned “If you bypass this you will have worked for free.
therefore Fiverr can’t help you.

NO! You hit the button first, then you attach your work.

4 Likes

I learnt my lesson hard way. Not just I loose $60 but my order completion rate went down very bad. And that guy is freely using my work on YouTube. Thanks guys for all the help.

1 Like

Nah, better learn to loose 60 bucks now instead of loosing 600 in the future. Think this way :smile:
Life means learning, nothing else.
You surely will get your 60 back soon. Best wishes for the future :smile:

2 Likes

Don’t worry. Be patient. And forget it.

2 Likes

Well said. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

by reading it again I’m not sure anymore. But for sure I become insane if I have to wait another week for the next buyer :joy:

If the buyer did not buy your work then it is not his. It is yours. You can contact YouTube and give them proof that you created the content and the buyer took it without paying and they may take the work down.

Or you could tell the buyer that you are going to contact YouTube to inform them he is using work he took from you and he may choose to pay you after all.

6 Likes

How does that even happen?

How does that even happen? How they cancel after you deliver?

Two ways.

1. They complain to CS that they did not like your work and have proof to show it did not do what your gig says it will.

2. They do a charge card pay back. In this case, Fiverr closes their account.

3. The seller delivers the order through the messagings system instead of creating an order and delivering it there.

4 Likes

His fiverr account got deleted.