Cheated by a buyer

vidyamohitraj

One buyer placed an order of 6 video voiceovers with me and cancelled the order after taking all the work. He even wrote I did a good job, more than he expected. I had 5 more days to go for submission and I sent him voiceovers on fiverr order link but did not submit order as he wanted to see the voiceover work before submission and he just took all work and cancelled. What can I do?

One buyer placed an order of 6 video voiceovers with me and cancelled the order after taking all the work. He even wrote I did a good job, more than he expected. I had 5 more days to go for submission and I sent him voiceovers on fiverr order link but did not submit order as he wanted to see the voiceover work before submission and he just took all work and cancelled. What can I do?

but did not submit order

The buyer orders, pays, and then you deliver.

If you bypass this you will have worked for free.

Suggest you read the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Everything is explained there in great detail.

Everyone needs to read the Terms of Service before buying or selling anything on Fiverr.

This will avoid so many buyer and seller problems.

but did not submit order

The buyer orders, pays, and then you deliver.

If you bypass this you will have worked for free.

Suggest you read the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Everything is explained there in great detail.

Everyone needs to read the Terms of Service before buying or selling anything on Fiverr.

This will avoid so many buyer and seller problems.

Hi…but we need to submit work before hitting deliver right? Anyhow I have learnt my lesson. That buyer is freely using my work on YouTube channel and garnering views. I have contacted resolution centre but not expecting anything positive. I had 5 more days to submission so even if the buyer cancelled, should I not get a message/ mail that from fiverr for same?

I think it’s a misunderstanding.

Where exactly did you deliver your work?

Through the Inbox message as an attachment or through the order page (buyer already place an order?) ?

Yes we had an ongoing order. I delivered him On the attachment link of chat page that comes in order timeline section. I had 5 more days but I delivered earlier And since file size was over 1gb. I had taken screenshots of my delivery and his comments and was going to submit before which he cancelled.

Hi…but we need to submit work before hitting deliver right? Anyhow I have learnt my lesson. That buyer is freely using my work on YouTube channel and garnering views. I have contacted resolution centre but not expecting anything positive. I had 5 more days to submission so even if the buyer cancelled, should I not get a message/ mail that from fiverr for same?

You have to deliver it through the order page. Hit the deliver-now-button (green) than you will be able to send your work.

Everything in the “normal” message box won’t be accept as a delivering.

As @lloydsolutions mentioned “If you bypass this you will have worked for free.

therefore Fiverr can’t help you.

Hi…but we need to submit work before hitting deliver right?

NO! You hit the button first, then you attach your work.

You have to deliver it through the order page. Hit the deliver-now-button (green) than you will be able to send your work.

Everything in the “normal” message box won’t be accept as a delivering.

As @lloydsolutions mentioned “If you bypass this you will have worked for free.

therefore Fiverr can’t help you.

Hi…but we need to submit work before hitting deliver right?

NO! You hit the button first, then you attach your work.

I learnt my lesson hard way. Not just I loose $60 but my order completion rate went down very bad. And that guy is freely using my work on YouTube. Thanks guys for all the help.

I learnt my lesson hard way. Not just I loose $60 but my order completion rate went down very bad. And that guy is freely using my work on YouTube. Thanks guys for all the help.

Not just I loose $60 but my order completion rate went down very bad. And that guy is freely using my work on YouTube. Thanks guys for all the help.

If the buyer did not buy your work then it is not his. It is yours. You can contact YouTube and give them proof that you created the content and the buyer took it without paying and they may take the work down.

Or you could tell the buyer that you are going to contact YouTube to inform them he is using work he took from you and he may choose to pay you after all.

How does that even happen? How they cancel after you deliver?

Two ways.

1. They complain to CS that they did not like your work and have proof to show it did not do what your gig says it will.

2. They do a charge card pay back. In this case, Fiverr closes their account.

3. The seller delivers the order through the messagings system instead of creating an order and delivering it there.

Not just I loose $60 but my order completion rate went down very bad. And that guy is freely using my work on YouTube. Thanks guys for all the help.

If the buyer did not buy your work then it is not his. It is yours. You can contact YouTube and give them proof that you created the content and the buyer took it without paying and they may take the work down.

Or you could tell the buyer that you are going to contact YouTube to inform them he is using work he took from you and he may choose to pay you after all.

Yes that was my next resort, but the seller contacted me saying his account got deleted due to glitches and he shared the screenshot of the mail with fiverr where they have said it was a mistake from their end. I have raised the same thing to fiverr CS, I just want them to correct my order completion rate.

Archived