Check my gigs please

suzibestwriter

Dear Suzi:

If I see a follow-up post from you in this thread saying that you’ve gone over this checklist, and that you would like me to take a closer look at your profile and at one of your gigs, I will try to give you more personal assistance.

Improve My Gig Checklist:

Dear Fiverr Seller:

I didn’t take a look at your gig, but here is a checklist that may help:

• Polish your English: spelling, grammar, punctuation, and so on. Are you trying to reach US English speakers or international English speakers? Make sure your phrasing is consistent with your target audience.

• Remember that buyers are on Fiverr so that you will solve THEIR problems. You are here to provide SOLUTIONS. There is no place for negativity in your copy. Don’t say, I live in a third world country, every day is a struggle, and things are bad. There are people who travel the world to find the things of beauty that make each country special. Find out what these people are saying about your country. Everything is awesome! Refer to “How to Win Friends and Influence People” by Dale Carnegie. “Never criticize, condemn, or complain,” ESPECIALLY in your SALES COPY!

• Your log line:

Please include one and make it speak about you personally. Avoid cliches and generalities.

*Your profile image:

This should be a real photograph of you. Please use a clear, high-quality headshot showing your smile. Avoid selfies if you can. If you take a shot in a mirror, flip the image horizontally.

Some people prefer to brand themselves as a company, with a logo. I disagree with those people, but agree that this is a matter of personal preference. My point is, if you’ve branded yourself as a company with a logo and you’re not happy with your results, I suggest that you try branding yourself as a person with a photo. See which way gives you the better result.

• Your profile text:

Give the Buyer a name by which they would be comfortable addressing you, either your first name or Dr., Mr., Mrs. Whatever. People feel awkward talking to companies – they want to talk to people.

Again, you should be speaking specifically about yourself, while focusing on how you are here to help the buyer. Try to use YOU more than I. Your goal is to create positive associations in the Buyer’s mind.

• Your gigs: New Sellers can have 7 gigs. You should have 7 gigs! Once you have 7 gigs, once a week you should take a hard look at all your gigs. Revise or replace your weakest gig. Once you are at Level 1, you will have 15 gigs. At Level 2, 20. Be thinking NOW about what those 20 gigs will be. Bear in mind that you can PAUSE gigs at any time. For example, you may have a Valentine’s Day gig that sells great in February, but that you pause for the other months of the year. You might choose to DELETE this gig on Feb 15, and repost the next year.

If having 20 gigs at one time is too much, you can pause any number of them, but it’s good to have them available to run when it’s convenient for you.

If you consistently review and improve your gigs, over time you will have just the right number of top-performing gigs that you need to succeed on Fiverr.

• Gig Title:

Does your gig title stand out? I suggest you look at similar gigs and brainstorm some keywords to make it pop.

• Gig Description:

You have 1200 characters available to you here; I suggest you use them.

A suggested format for your gig descriptions:

Open with 1 or two short sentences that sum up the gig and what it offers.

WHO I AM – Try to complement your profile without overduplication

WHAT YOU GET – focus on Benefits rather than Features

WHY YOU SHOULD BUY FROM ME

RECOMMENDED GIG EXTRAS

I strongly recommend that you hire a copy writer to write the copy for your first gig. This is an investment that will pay off in more sales more quickly. If you are worried about the expense, remember that your gig description is 1200 characters, or about 240 words. If the copy writer has a gig of 1000 words, you may be able to work out a deal for them to write descriptions for up to 4 gigs.

You can study these gig descriptions and carefully modify them for your other gigs.

Many Sellers recommend that you buy gigs from other Sellers on Fiverr, so that you have a sense of what it is like to be a Buyer. This makes it easier for you to relate to the Buyer’s concerns.

• Video: 30 to 60 seconds. If nothing else, put together a slide show of your portfolio images. If you can provide video of yourself talking directly to the buyer, this may help.

Every gig should have a video! People expect it today, and are more likely to watch a video than read your copy. Learn to make great videos that get your point across in an engaging way. I’ve seen reports that suggest that in 10 years, video will be the dominant form of communication on social media.

Gig Pictures: You can have 3 images, and you should have 3. Please avoid stock images. Your images should be personal to you and to the gig you are providing. If your images or video have text, that text should be consistent with the text in your gig description. For example, if your packages are called Basic, Supreme, and Deluxe in the text, but your images show Standard, Super, and Super Duper, you will confuse the Buyer, who is more likely to move on than to try to figure out what you mean.

• Your packages:
    Generally, Sellers offer more as the packages move up in price. I suggest you brainstorm some variety so it seems like the upgrades are more than just numbers. Think very carefully about the packages from the Buyer’s point of view.

For example, if you offer revisions for the base package, but not for the upgrades. the buyer probably will wonder why they’re losing a benefit with the upgrade.

• Fiverr Academy and Fiverrcast

A good way to get initial sales is to ask friends and family, classmates, people who know you and like you, to buy gigs from you.

Make use of social media: I suggest you post images to Twitter on a daily basis, with links to your Fiverr profile. The more people who see what you can do, the more clicks and views you will get on Fiverr. For example, Twitter has #MondayMotivation to #SundayFunday. If your work becomes known in those categories, people will begin to seek you out on Fiverr. Fiverr has been moving toward allowing you to link to more of these social media sites in your profile page.

You can post videos to YouTube, with links to your Fiverr profile.

You can talk about your gigs on your blog, with pointers to your Fiverr profile.

You could post a YouTube video, Tweet about it, post it on your blog embedded in a blog post, and have pointers in all these places pointing to your Fiverr profile.

In my humble opinion (IMHO), it makes more sense to point to your Fiverr profile rather than to your individual gigs, because you may delete individual gigs and pause individual gigs. Rather than constantly updating links to individual gigs, let your Fiverr profile do the heavy lifting for you.

Good luck,
Blaise

SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT REQUIREMENTS: If you don’t know already, it is considered a gig best practice to include Requirements with every gig description. This forces the Buyer to provide the information you need before you receive their order.

When you enter your Requirements, you need to press the “ADD” button, and then the “SAVE” button.
Please, be sure that your Requirements are properly included with your gig descriptions!

Only Buyers who purchase your gigs SEE your Requirements, so when I look at your gigs, I will not give you any feedback about YOUR REQUIREMENTS. Just know that you should have some, and that they should be clear to the Buyer.

DISCLAIMER for any Sellers who might read this post. Please read before contacting me on Fiverr!:

After twice asking the Fiverr Forum Moderators for permission to post this checklist in individual threads in the “Improve My Gig” Section of the Fiverr Forum and receiving no response, I opened a ticket with Fiverr Support and did receive this permission. As a matter of common courtesy, please do not contact me on Fiverr with questions or comments that belong on the Fiverr Forum. If I see your question or comment in the Forum, if I have time, and if I think it is appropriate, I will respond in the Forum.

Sincerely,
Blaise

Archived