Check out my Gig and give me some feedback!

marketinggeorge

Hey everyone.

My name is George and Im here to use my vast experience with website testing on Fiverr. I am a tester for many independent websites and have never had below a 5-star review before.

Please take a look at my Gig, and let me know any changes I could make to improve it!
https://www.fiverr.com/marketinggeorge/test-your-website-or-ios-app-via-screencast

Thanks!

Dear George:

Here is a checklist to help you improve your gigs. You in particular will benefit from listening to Fiverrcast, because you will gain some ideas on how to upsell your customers by hearing advice from a Top-Rated Seller in your niche.

Here is a link to your profile.

• Your log line:

You don’t have one. You should get one.

*Your profile image:

Hands clasped in front of you sends the wrong message. I suggest a different photo, without your hands, closer to you. The background is fine, and you are dressed as a professional.

• Your profile text:

My name is George and I’m here to provide you with high-quality Website and App testing. I am experienced with testing websites and apps, so I look forward to giving your website some constructive criticism!

Your capitalization of Website and App is not the same as your capitalization of websites and apps. This is inconsistent (and redundant use of key words). I suggest you hire a copy writer to jazz up your presentation. Your goal is for the Buyer to feel they know, like, and trust you.

• Gig Title:

I will test your website and record via screencast

The phrasing here is awkward. I know you mean record as a verb but the Buyer has to decipher whether you mean it as a noun.

• Gig Description:

Again, I suggest you hire a copy writer to make this more compelling.

Please note the following paragraph:

“I have lots of experience in the field of web testing and have testing over 100 websites before. I am now offering my services on Fiverr!” (sic)

Obviously “testing” should be “tested.” Other than that, it’s not that your phrasing is technically wrong, it just comes across as awkward to me. “Hey!” as a start just does not work for me. Your kilometerage may vary.

A suggested format for your gig descriptions:

WHO I AM

WHAT YOU GET

WHY YOU SHOULD BUY FROM ME

RECOMMENDED GIG EXTRAS / COMPLEMENTARY GIGS

• Video: 30 to 60 seconds. Fiverr says videos can boost your sales. You should include lots of examples.

I seriously do not understand why your gig marketing a screencast does not have a screencast video to demonstrate the service you are offering. Of course, you’re a handsome chap, so you might as well include video of yourself talking directly to the Buyer. Americans are such saps for English accents, they will fall all over themselves trying to purchase your gigs. Your body language should be open and welcoming.

Gig Images: You should have 3. The two that you do have are so similar as to make one wonder why you’ve included both of them. This is an excellent opportunity for you to hire someone on Fiverr to make images for you, or you could just take sample screenshots from a sample screencast.

Gig Extras:

You’ve gone the gig packages route, which is fine.

Gig Packages:

Unfortunately, apart from the additional day for your premium package, your packages are not really different from gig multiples. Hopefully, with feedback from customers, you will improve these packages over time. You should definitely listen to Fiverrcast!

Good luck,
Blaise

Dear George:

Here is a checklist to help you improve your gigs. You in particular will benefit from listening to Fiverrcast, because you will gain some ideas on how to upsell your customers by hearing advice from a Top-Rated Seller in your niche.

• Your log line:

*Your profile image:

Hands clasped in front of you sends the wrong message. I suggest a different photo, without your hands, closer to you. The background is fine, and you are dressed as a professional.

• Your profile text:

My name is George and I’m here to provide you with high-quality Website and App testing. I am experienced with testing websites and apps, so I look forward to giving your website some constructive criticism!

Your capitalization of Website and App is not the same as your capitalization of websites and apps. This is inconsistent (and redundant use of key words). I suggest you hire a copy writer to jazz up your presentation. Your goal is for the Buyer to feel they know, like, and trust you.

• Gig Title:

The phrasing here is awkward. I know you mean record as a verb but the Buyer has to decipher whether you mean it as a noun.

• Gig Description:

“I have lots of experience in the field of web testing and have testing over 100 websites before. I am now offering my services on Fiverr!” (sic)

Obviously “testing” should be “tested.” Other than that, it’s not that your phrasing is technically wrong, it just comes across as awkward to me. “Hey!” as a start just does not work for me. Your kilometerage may vary.

WHO I AM

WHAT YOU GET

• Video: 30 to 60 seconds. Fiverr says videos can boost your sales. You should include lots of examples.

I seriously do not understand why your gig marketing a screencast does not have a screencast video to demonstrate the service you are offering. Of course, you’re a handsome chap, so you might as well include video of yourself talking directly to the Buyer. Americans are such saps for English accents, they will fall all over themselves trying to purchase your gigs. Your body language should be open and welcoming.

Gig Images: You should have 3. The two that you do have are so similar as to make one wonder why you’ve included both of them. This is an excellent opportunity for you to hire someone on Fiverr to make images for you, or you could just take sample screenshots from a sample screencast.

Gig Extras:

Gig Packages:

Unfortunately, apart from the additional day for your premium package, your packages are not really different from gig multiples. Hopefully, with feedback from customers, you will improve these packages over time. You should definitely listen to Fiverrcast!

Good luck,

Blaise

Thanks for this! Really helpful.

I will get to work on it first thing tomorrow!

Dear George:

• Your log line:

*Your profile image:

• Your profile text:

• Gig Title:

• Gig Description:

WHO I AM

WHAT YOU GET

Gig Extras:

Gig Packages:

Good luck,

Blaise

Hi again! I have given my Gig and overhaul - following your great advice.

If you have the time, please let me know if you like it!

Thanks again

Thanks again

Dear George,

As a general rule I only look at a Seller’s Profile and 1 gig 1 time.

However, I advise YOU to start participating in the “Improve My Gig” section of the Fiver Forum and giving other Sellers feedback on THEIR gigs.

See one, do one, teach one.

After posting about a dozen or so such reviews, you should be able to look at your own gigs with fresh eyes.

Given that this is in your wheelhouse, if it you get good at it, you could offer a Fiverr gig of helping Fiverr Sellers improve their gigs!

You’re welcome,

Blaise

Thanks again

Dear George,

I took a look at your video out of curiosity.

My feedback:

You should put the camera on its side and get a widescreen view. Maybe have more action in the video…

You should watch “Reservoir Dogs,” particularly the anecdote about the police dog in the public restroom, and then practice, practice, practice, until you have your elevator pitch down pat.

You should up the energy and work on your best Benny Hill, Benedict Cumberbatch, David Tennant, Matt Smith, and Peter Capaldi impressions.

Make liberal use of phrases such as, “timey-wimey great big ball of string,” “reverse the polarity of the neutron flow,” and “bigger on the inside.”

In other words, look like you’re glad to be here and that you’re having a ball!

Good luck,

Blaise

Archived