Clash between buyer, seller & CS

Update: Situation has been fixed! CS understands my concerns and won’t force me to continue with this buyer - phew 🙂

Am I rude for not wanting to continue this order?

So I’ve been dealing with a tricky buyer for quite some time now. Right from the start when he placed the order (for logo design) he ignored half my questions. I noticed a bit of a language barrier, since his description of the order was also quite vague.

Upon delivery I noticed a second problem: a digital knowledge barrier. I had to explain so much to him, even though I always add a file with guidelines/explanation about the logo files (formats, sizes, how/when to use them etc). He also didn’t seem to understand Fiverr’s whole order / delivery system.

He kept accusing me of sending ‘wrong’ files and sent me printscreens where I found out he was using the files incorrectly. Sending him the logo guidelines again didn’t help.

He suddenly started repeatedly asking for my phone number, which obviously made me very uncomfortable - I pointed him to Fiverr’s TOS.

I asked for order cancelation because of a language + digital knowledge barrier and asking for personal details. He had no idea what I was talking about and didn’t want to cancel.

Luckily Fiverr CS helped me out and canceled the order for me after seeing he asked for my phone number.

He continued spamming/asking me to continue the order, so I blocked him. The next day I get a message from Fiverr CS basically asking me the same thing: to continue the order. But I REALLY don’t want to work with this buyer again. It’s not even worth the pay to me anymore, I’ve wasted enough time trying to get him to understand.

Update: Situation has been fixed! CS understands my concerns and won’t force me to continue with this buyer - phew 🙂

Am I rude for not wanting to continue this order?

So I’ve been dealing with a tricky buyer for quite some time now. Right from the start when he placed the order (for logo design) he ignored half my questions. I noticed a bit of a language barrier, since his description of the order was also quite vague.

Upon delivery I noticed a second problem: a digital knowledge barrier. I had to explain so much to him, even though I always add a file with guidelines/explanation about the logo files (formats, sizes, how/when to use them etc). He also didn’t seem to understand Fiverr’s whole order / delivery system.

He kept accusing me of sending ‘wrong’ files and sent me printscreens where I found out he was using the files incorrectly. Sending him the logo guidelines again didn’t help.

He suddenly started repeatedly asking for my phone number, which obviously made me very uncomfortable - I pointed him to Fiverr’s TOS.

I asked for order cancelation because of a language + digital knowledge barrier and asking for personal details. He had no idea what I was talking about and didn’t want to cancel.

Luckily Fiverr CS helped me out and canceled the order for me after seeing he asked for my phone number.

He continued spamming/asking me to continue the order, so I blocked him. The next day I get a message from Fiverr CS basically asking me the same thing: to continue the order. But I REALLY don’t want to work with this buyer again. It’s not even worth the pay to me anymore, I’ve wasted enough time trying to get him to understand.

Fiverr CS basically asking me the same thing: to continue the order. But I REALLY don’t want to work with this buyer again.

And I’m sure you don’t have to 😉

Fiverr CS doesn’t look into previous tickets so I would’ve just reply to fiverr CS agent that fiverr itself cancelled the order with that client for breaking TOS and unfortunately you will not be able to keep working with that client.

Though it is quite annoying. I recently got an email from CS asking me to redeliver files to a client because they are blurry. I opened the order aaaand it turned out to be a LogoMaker order where fiverr itself generating files automatically.

So I suspect that in this cases CS is just sending you a standard message without even looking into that.

Fiverr CS basically asking me the same thing: to continue the order. But I REALLY don’t want to work with this buyer again.

And I’m sure you don’t have to 😉

Fiverr CS doesn’t look into previous tickets so I would’ve just reply to fiverr CS agent that fiverr itself cancelled the order with that client for breaking TOS and unfortunately you will not be able to keep working with that client.

Though it is quite annoying. I recently got an email from CS asking me to redeliver files to a client because they are blurry. I opened the order aaaand it turned out to be a LogoMaker order where fiverr itself generating files automatically.

So I suspect that in this cases CS is just sending you a standard message without even looking into that.

Yeah, I hope you’re right. I’ve responded to the latest CS agent with the Id of the previous CS conversation + in short why I don’t want to work with this buyer again.

This buyer actually kept using the preview file with watermarks over it and then asking me for the correct file dimensions without watermarks 😭 (which was attached aswell). I couldn’t get him to understand that the file he was using was just the preview file and the watermarks are a temporary safety measure 😂

Yeah, I hope you’re right. I’ve responded to the latest CS agent with the Id of the previous CS conversation + in short why I don’t want to work with this buyer again.

This buyer actually kept using the preview file with watermarks over it and then asking me for the correct file dimensions without watermarks 😭 (which was attached aswell). I couldn’t get him to understand that the file he was using was just the preview file and the watermarks are a temporary safety measure 😂

he was using was just the preview file and the watermarks are a temporary safety measure

It is pretty tough to work with people that are not tech savvy. (Well, you don’t even need to be a tech savvy for this basic things)

But I also had a similar client who kept telling me that vector files are pixilated and even left 1 star review over that. :woman_facepalming:

Archived