Clearing Duration of Payment After Delivering Completed Job [ARCHIVED - THREAD from 2014]

I think the Payment clearing Time is long Enough, after delivering completed job then Fiverr takes too much time of 14 days, so my suggestion is decrease this duration to 6 days like other Freelancing sites, 6 days are enough for clearance.

Thanks,

Regards

Imran Afridi

Reply to photofiverr: I am just trying to clairfy is the withdrawl time was cut back would the website collpase? I am curious more than anything for what you mean stability of website

Reply to @timebandit:

Seller is not responsible for Paypal Dispute there are other Freelancer Site they are also clearing there amount in max 6 days not sure about Minimum period…

I agree. I think 14 days is too long as well. Some freelance sites clear in 6, 7 or 10 days. Fourteen days is very inconvenient, and unnecessary.

It’s not so much the 14 days that bother me because once you get the ball rolling and steady yourself, eventually orders will start to clear every day.

However, with that said. The 14 days can stretch to 17-18 days after delivering the order if the buyer simply waits for the auto-update.

Then, if you choose you use Pay-Pal for withdraw, your looking at another 4-12 days for that to clear bringing the total wait time for a delivered order to one month. That’s a hefty wait. LOL

i also a little bit lower would be great

Yeah!! 6 days is enough.

I agree that 14 days is excessive. And like bigbadbilly pointed out, if the buyer just lets the order auto-complete, that’s more time. I don’t get orders every single day so that my payments eventually work out to getting paid every day or every other day.

On top of that, there are MORE fees associated with both PayPal and the Fiverr card (holy cats, really, $2 for a normal transaction, $5 if you want it a bit sooner, and then $3 a month in card maintenance fees). So I have to wait even longer to transfer a larger sum of my earnings so I’m not giving up everything I earn just to pay fees.

So yes, a shorter wait time for payment clearance would be GREAT and help to alleviate some of this frustration. :slight_smile:

There is a valid reason for this. It is to clear the dispute period for a payment made using paypal. Paypal is predominantly the way most of us get paid and paypal allows a buyer to dispute a transaction. All a buyer needs to do is raise a claim and your money will be blocked no questions asked. In some cases you can also have your account deactivated. Fiverr maintains the 14 day period to ensure the buyer has enough time and is happy with the sale which rules out the chance for them to dispute a transaction.

However I am not aware of the payoneer system which allows you to direct deposit to your bank account. The fees are high however the best part is the money is desposted in to your account in minutes.

It bothered me at first but then I remembered that I just worked for the man the past two weeks yet I won’t see THAT paycheck until the end of Nov (14 days away) I agree once you get the ball rolling on your gig you will have a balance all the time in your fiverr bank acct to withdraw money from

I feel that 14 days are long…but as webmaster I know it is really good to maintain the stability of the website… :slight_smile:

I’d love to have a faster clearing time as well. I can’t imagine that Fiverr is at risk of having their PayPal account frozen over a dispute or two…They have tens of thousand of dollars going in and out each day, PP wouldn’t risk losing them as an account.

I think 6 days would be much better and make it more convenient for the sellers.

Why 6 days and not instantly?

$$$ must be available for withdrawal from the moment that the buyer complete the order. Its logically... if the buyer complete the order and leave a positive feedback it means that he/she is satisfied with the results. Cmon fiverr… its not that hard.<br /> Its not about the dispute at all, If the client is not happy with the result, the client will push the “Dispute” button that fiverr must to create it. Thats all.<br /> OR<br /> Maybe theres a bigger real business behind fiverr, it`s possible to use the “Awaiting Clearance $$$” for insurance, loans or maybe they make those money available to banks in short-term deposit to earn interest.

$$$ must be available for withdrawal from the moment that the buyer complete the order. Its logically... if the buyer complete the order and leave a positive feedback it means that he/she is satisfied with the results. Cmon fiverr… its not that hard.<br /> Its not about the dispute at all, If the client is not happy with the result, the client will push the “Dispute” button that fiverr must to create it. Thats all.<br /> OR<br /> Maybe theres a bigger real business behind fiverr, it`s possible to use the “Awaiting Clearance $$$” for insurance, loans or maybe they make those money available to banks in short-term deposit to earn interest.

According to my point, if the gig is positively rated then the fund must be instantly paid. otherwise it can be taken into clearance period.

It’s because you can dispute a Pay-Pal transaction on Pay-Pal for 14 days after it happens.

The reason Fiverr holds the funds is to make sure that when you buy a gig you don’t reverse the Pay-Pal transaction 10 days later by disputing it. Which would mean Fiverr looses and money and get’s an investigation.

So, by making you wait 14 days it also means you can’t buy a gig, log onto Pay-Pal and dispute it, causing trouble for Fiverr and getting your money back.

In a lot of businesses you wait 30/60/90 or more days to get paid. When I invoice customers for regular work, my invoice states NET 10 DAYS. Most pay within, some pay in 30 or more. I’ve been carrying accounts receivable for over 50 years, so 14 is actually a refreshing change. Of course, I certainly wouldn’t argue if it was reduced. :slight_smile: