Clearing Income

dolly_donut

I wonder if anyone can clarify something for me. I have recently completed three large orders (the third of which was delivered today).

I have checked in the Revenues tab on the previous two which have completed. And I’m slightly confused as to the numbers.

The first order had a value of $470. So 80% of this should be $376. But what I have clearing is just $160.

The second order had a value of $515. 80% of this is $414. But what I have clearing is $292.

The third order is yet to complete.

I worked incredibly hard on these orders and so feel rather aggrieved that my take home even less than 50%. Have Fiverr changed the percentage that they take recently? The Ts and Cs say 20% still, but what they have taken on these orders is far, far in excess of that.

Can anyone shine a light?

Thanks!

Hi, I believe this is something only customer service can help you with. Just out of curiosity, can you share a snapshot of the order on your chat where it shows order accepted. (Remember to blur out personal information)

You’d like screenshots of the completed order screen showing all the numbers?

Hm, apart from that it might be a bug, the only thing that comes to mind is, did you at some point switch the currency, so that USD/Canadian$/Australian$ may have to do something with this?

The seller fee definitely still is 20%.

Oh, or the buyer may have had some discount code, in that case it’s best to contact support, though apparently it could be that you’ll be credited the missing amount automatically at some point.

No, a screen shot of the offer accepted by the client. It displays the amount quoted to the client.

It wasn’t a custom order. So there was no “offer” per se to accept. We spoke before hand, he told me his word count and then he went ahead and order in the correct increments through my gig page.

Hm, apart from that it might be a bug, the only thing that comes to mind is, did you at some point switch the currency, so that USD/Canadian$/Australian$ may have to do something with this?

The seller fee definitely still is 20%.

Oh, or the buyer may have had some discount code, in that case it’s best to contact support, though apparently it could be that you’ll be credited the missing amount automatically at some point.

The buyer is from Sweden and for some reason the additional extras have all gone through in Swedish Krona, whereas the main order is in USD. It shouldn’t make a difference though, surely?

It wasn’t a custom order. So there was no “offer” per se to accept. We spoke before hand, he told me his word count and then he went ahead and order in the correct increments through my gig page.

Oh in that case it’s pretty simple. I experienced a payment bug about two months ago and CS explained it to me. What happened was a client requested a chargeback and because I had already been paid, the money was deducted from my recent balance. Maybe this is what happened to you as well. Reach out to CS.

The buyer is from Sweden and for some reason the additional extras have all gone through in Swedish Krona, whereas the main order is in USD. It shouldn’t make a difference though, surely?

No, that shouldn’t. Perhaps a discount code on buyers’ side then, best to ask customer support.

Oh in that case it’s pretty simple. I experienced a payment bug about two months ago and CS explained it to me. What happened was a client requested a chargeback and because I had already been paid, the money was deducted from my recent balance. Maybe this is what happened to you as well. Reach out to CS.

The orders haven’t even cleared yet and one was delivered today. Is it possible for a client to do a chargeback when they haven’t even cleared yet? And on what basis for a chargeback?

The orders haven’t even cleared yet and one was delivered today. Is it possible for a client to do a chargeback when they haven’t even cleared yet? And on what basis for a chargeback?

😕 all the more reason it seems confusing. Could it be a conversion bug? I really can’t say here… Send an email to CS and ask that it’s escalated to the technical team.

😕 all the more reason it seems confusing. Could it be a conversion bug? I really can’t say here… Send an email to CS and ask that it’s escalated to the technical team.

I messaged CS a little earlier and sent them screenshots from the completed orders with the revenue stated at the top (y’know, where it says "Order completed. You earned…” and then the revenue amount. They have come back to me and asked me to send screen shots stating the revenue in each. I’ve gone back and directed them to what I have already provided and now I’m waiting.

I messaged CS a little earlier and sent them screenshots from the completed orders with the revenue stated at the top (y’know, where it says "Order completed. You earned…” and then the revenue amount. They have come back to me and asked me to send screen shots stating the revenue in each. I’ve gone back and directed them to what I have already provided and now I’m waiting.

Good. Please keep us updated. Sorry about the experience :hugs:

So, as an update. The third of the three large orders has now completed and Fiverr has me earning just 58% from this one (total order amount is £545 and my earnings are apparently $316).

I have also brought this to CS’s attention and although I am emailing them daily to find out what’s going on, I just keep getting “This is being reviewed by the relevant team.” It’s been four days since I brought this to their attention and it does start to feel like I’m being fobbed off.

So, as an update. The third of the three large orders has now completed and Fiverr has me earning just 58% from this one (total order amount is £545 and my earnings are apparently $316).

I have also brought this to CS’s attention and although I am emailing them daily to find out what’s going on, I just keep getting “This is being reviewed by the relevant team.” It’s been four days since I brought this to their attention and it does start to feel like I’m being fobbed off.

I know it’s frustrating to wait but the finance team does exist and has a lot of things to deal with. That and Trust and Safety generally take the most time to get a proper answer/solution from.

Have you had other orders that have completed properly?

I know it’s frustrating to wait but the finance team does exist and has a lot of things to deal with. That and Trust and Safety generally take the most time to get a proper answer/solution from.

Have you had other orders that have completed properly?

Something screwy is definitely happening. For 15th November, I was due to have three small profit orders clear. I’ve just checked and now it says that I have six cleared on 15th. When I look at a couple of the new ones that have popped up, they are active orders still, that have been placed today. So not cleared funds at all - they shouldn’t even be on the earnings tab yet because they haven’t been signed off as being completed or even actually delivered.

Exactly, I am having the same issue. On an order where I should have got $60 as earnings, it shows only $8 and this is something I randomly checked else, I wouldn’t have even found out. Contacted CS regarding this but this is taking too much of time.

Well, quite. If these orders hadn’t been so large I probably wouldn’t have noticed. So it does make you wonder if it has happened before and you’ve not noticed it and its just cleared at a lower amount.

Exactly, I am having the same issue. On an order where I should have got $60 as earnings, it shows only $8 and this is something I randomly checked else, I wouldn’t have even found out. Contacted CS regarding this but this is taking too much of time.

Have you managed to progress this issue at all? It’s been 7 days now since I brought tit to their attention and I have the first of the incorrect orders clearing tomorrow, so I’m going to be seriously upset if I only earn 34% on it 😦

Archived