Client asking for email

lavioramedia

Question

7 answers to this question

My client is asking my email id, is it against TOC of fiverr ?

s it against TOC of fiverr ?

Yes, it is against Fiverr’s TOS to share your personal contact information. All communication must be done on the Fiverr platform.

Many scammer will try to get you to sell your services outside the Fiverr platform. Do not do it, you could be cheated and also lose your gig or even have your account closed.

Typically, it means that, yes. Exchange of any contact information is not permitted, unless it’s actually needed to do the order, and only for the purpose of doing the order, and also only under specific rules.

As an example, if your gig is about designing calling cards, you’ll need the buyer’s contact information but you’re only allowed to use it for the purpose of the gig, designing the calling card, you may not use the email to communicate with the customer, just because you prefer using yahoo mail with your custom digital letter paper or whatever, any communication still needs to take place within Fiverr’s perfectly functional communication system.

And if you have a gig that actually requires an exchange of contact information, according to the information I got from support, it must be mentioned in the gig, also, the exchange must be on the order page, i.e. after an order actually happened, not within the inbox chat.

Even if you (think you) have a good reason to ask for contact info, support might not agree, and even if it’s required to do your work, as I understood the support agent I talked to, you should have support approve it (for the gig, of course, not for each subsequent order of that gig).

In short, if (you think) your gig needs contact info, ask support about it, to be safe.

Apart from that, you should really, really read Fiverr’s Terms of Service, also, you might get into trouble with your profile picture; even without zooming, I recognize Pikachu there, and I’ll assume that you don’t own the copyright or any other right to use the cute little critter. Your profile pic has to be either a photo of yourself, or a logo, or whatever picture - that you have the right to use. Picture you took or drew of your own fabulous guinea pig or the creature from your last night’s dream, for instance, great (unless it was Pikachu 😉 ), but pic of Pikachu, no good idea, unless you paid the right holder for a commercial licence to use it in your Fiverr account.

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

Basics

• To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, ■■■■■/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

(Of course, the ToS don’t have “■■■■■” showing but the actual name of a visual communication platform, the forum just overwrites it, now you can imagine that Fiverr does really take this seriously).

Guest chifyjay007

Absolutely! Although Fiverr allows it if it’s highly needed in order to complete your order. It’s best to contact CS before making such move. A buyer once had his account suspended for sending his email to me

Hi,

I am bit confused. Does it mean we cant communicate outside the Fiverr platform?

I would like to ask for email once I get the client order,

I would like to process the order content and further communicate via email.

Is that also forbidden?

I would like to process the order content and further communicate via email.

Is that also forbidden?

Short answer, “Yes!”

You risk losing your account if you process the order content and further communicate via e-mail. 😱

Please read the quoted portion from @miiila’s post.

Archived