Client asking to legally sign document after completed order

audioboon

Point them to Fiverr TOS where it says that all rights transfer to your buyer automatically. Then point out that you have no way to verify the identity of the person asking you to sign an NDA, nor do they have any way of verifying yours. In this case, you can’t agree to sign such a document.

Then finish by saying that things like this need to be discussed prior to orders being placed.

Beware also that some people do this to phish for your personal details for nefarious purposes. If an order had a value of less than $100 or even $500, it makes little practical sense to even entertain signing an NDA.

Point them to Fiverr TOS where it says that all rights transfer to your buyer automatically. Then point out that you have no way to verify the identity of the person asking you to sign an NDA, nor do they have any way of verifying yours. In this case, you can’t agree to sign such a document.

Then finish by saying that things like this need to be discussed prior to orders being placed.

Beware also that some people do this to phish for your personal details for nefarious purposes. If an order had a value of less than $100 or even $500, it makes little practical sense to even entertain signing an NDA.

actually he sent the demand for signing the document just after placing the order. I’ve just notices 😳

I dont think so, he definitely looks like ok buyer, alredy reviewed positively. He is ok about my delivery as well, he is only waiting for the document. I’ll try to reason with him by citing the commercial use license. Thank you @cyaxrex

Then point out that you have no way to verify the identity of the person asking you to sign an NDA, nor do they have any way of verifying yours. In this case, you can’t agree to sign such a document.

This is gold. We get asked to sign NDAs often, and whilst we always refuse, I never quite know how to word it. This is excellent.

actually he sent the demand for signing the document just after placing the order. I’ve just notices 😳

I dont think so, he definitely looks like ok buyer, alredy reviewed positively. He is ok about my delivery as well, he is only waiting for the document. I’ll try to reason with him by citing the commercial use license. Thank you @cyaxrex

I dont think so

You can never be too careful. I had a buyer on another platform once who pulled a similar trick and asked for my social security and bank details. You basically need to ask yourself if the value of this order is worth telling a complete stranger where you and your family will be sleeping this evening… :thinking:

I sign NDAs all the time. Non-disclosure documents are an important part of the business (voiceover). If they ask for more information, like an address, I just give them my attorney’s office address. I would never provide personal contact information or social security number to a client on Fiverr. They have no need for that.

Sign with your Fiverr username. If they want a different name on that document, they should have asked/told you before ordering.
If you want to sign anything, that is. They should have mentioned that before ordering and asked you if you’d do that in any case.

Archived