Client change rating from 5 stars to 1 stars for personal reason, Is it fair?

topniches1

Hello, Let me make the long story short, a buyer hired me to copy 100 school information from a website. As agreed, the final deliverable was a spreadsheet with the 100 school name, address, and phone number based on his certain criteria he provided.

As per his request, I delivered him the result within a couple of hours of ordering.

1. After the first delivery, he left me 4.7 stars rating with a positive comment.

2. I was expecting a perfect 5 stars rating since the job was delivered as per his specification and super fast (within a couple of hours).

3. After a few minutes, he asked me to make a change and I delivered him as he wanted and he was soo much happy. Though there was a little mis-understanding but, I redelivered 100% what he asked for:

This was his quoted response on the redelivered file:

“Thank you sooooooooooooooo much for being so kind and understanding.”
“It’s perfect!”

Afterward, he changed the review to 5 stars upon my request.

1. After that, he started sending me the messages which were totally unnecessary and irrelevant to the job just completed. I politely said that I am a busy seller and I don’t have time to deal with unnecessary issues.

2. It seems he took this message personally. Then he started threatening me to send him to review change request as he wanted me to leave a negative review.

I politely refused to send him review change request as I dont want him to leave me a negative review.

1. Today, I just got a notification that he changed the review to 1 stars with all the lies one can imagine.

Now my questions:

1. How a 5 stars review became 1 stars when I delivered 100% and everything is recorded here on Fiverr message and order page?

2. How long it is fair when a client left a 5 stars review based on the result I delivered, But support guys allow him to change the review ONLY to serve his ego problem?

3. I am a professional seller and this situation hurting me deeply. Where is your seller protection?

Looking forward to the response from experience person.

As a footer note: I am doing freelancing for last five years. I started on Elance back in 2012, currently one of the top-rated freelancers on UpWork, recently started working on Fiverr.

So, I dealt with different types of clients in the past but he seems to be the most confused and paranoid client I have ever meet on Fiverr so far. Sorry, I don’t mean to insult any client but this is what was my realization.

Best,
Sabina

It’s impossible for him to change a review unless initiated by Fiverr Support. (In which case you should be contacting Support regarding this issue.)

Your questions can only be answered by customer support I’m afraid - we’re only buyers and sellers like you.

@thecreativeguys is/are(?) quite right, buyers can no longer change their reviews by themselves - it can only be done through CS.

It’s impossible for him to change a review unless initiated by Fiverr Support. (In which case you should be contacting Support regarding this issue.)

Yes, I raised a support ticket and I am not expecting something good from them. I know this is going to be another templated answer.

Sorry, My experience with Fiverr support is not good, yet I am waiting to read their answer.

Angry and disappointed no doubt. But my advice to you is move on and deliver the same kind of high quality orders to the rest of the buyers who appreciate your works. There are many incidents happen when doing freelance jobs like us, just move on and there are many good friendly buyers out there. 🙂

Hello, Let me make the long story short, a buyer hired me to copy 100 school information from a website. As agreed, the final deliverable was a spreadsheet with the 100 school name, address, and phone number based on his certain criteria he provided.

As per his request, I delivered him the result within a couple of hours of ordering.

1. After the first delivery, he left me 4.7 stars rating with a positive comment.

2. I was expecting a perfect 5 stars rating since the job was delivered as per his specification and super fast (within a couple of hours).

3. After a few minutes, he asked me to make a change and I delivered him as he wanted and he was soo much happy. Though there was a little mis-understanding but, I redelivered 100% what he asked for:

This was his quoted response on the redelivered file:

“It’s perfect!”

Afterward, he changed the review to 5 stars upon my request.

1. After that, he started sending me the messages which were totally unnecessary and irrelevant to the job just completed. I politely said that I am a busy seller and I don’t have time to deal with unnecessary issues.

2. It seems he took this message personally. Then he started threatening me to send him to review change request as he wanted me to leave a negative review.

I politely refused to send him review change request as I dont want him to leave me a negative review.

1. Today, I just got a notification that he changed the review to 1 stars with all the lies one can imagine.

Now my questions:

1. How a 5 stars review became 1 stars when I delivered 100% and everything is recorded here on Fiverr message and order page?

2. How long it is fair when a client left a 5 stars review based on the result I delivered, But support guys allow him to change the review ONLY to serve his ego problem?

3. I am a professional seller and this situation hurting me deeply. Where is your seller protection?

Looking forward to the response from experience person.

As a footer note: I am doing freelancing for last five years. I started on Elance back in 2012, currently one of the top-rated freelancers on UpWork, recently started working on Fiverr.

So, I dealt with different types of clients in the past but he seems to be the most confused and paranoid client I have ever meet on Fiverr so far. Sorry, I don’t mean to insult any client but this is what was my realization.

Best,

Sabina

After that, he started sending me the messages which were totally unnecessary and irrelevant to the job just completed. I politely said that I am a busy seller and I don’t have time to deal with unnecessary issues.

What did he say in the messages?

I agree that if customer support cannot change a bad review to a good one, they should not be able to change a good review to a bad one.

Ask for a second opinion about that in the same ticket you opened with them.

Unless you have not fully explained your situation, it’s impossible for Fiverr to change the review from good to worse without consulting with you beforehand.

Did you somehow provide your buyer with the opportunity to change their feedback or are you positive Fiverr indeed did so?

Please keep us updated as to what Support explains.

Angry and disappointed no doubt. But my advice to you is move on and deliver the same kind of high quality orders to the rest of the buyers who appreciate your works. There are many incidents happen when doing freelance jobs like us, just move on and there are many good friendly buyers out there. 🙂

you is move on and deliver the same kind of high quality orders to the rest of the buyers who appreciate your works

I didn’t keep the screenshot of the previous feedback rating. He left me a 4.7 stars rating first, then 5 stars after my redelivery then 5.0 stars!

Yesterday, when I open this thread I got a notification that rating changed to 1 stars.

Yes, I am moving ahead and I know this kind of client/people in the earth rarely exist but unfortunately I met one.

you is move on and deliver the same kind of high quality orders to the rest of the buyers who appreciate your works

I didn’t keep the screenshot of the previous feedback rating. He left me a 4.7 stars rating first, then 5 stars after my redelivery then 5.0 stars!

Yesterday, when I open this thread I got a notification that rating changed to 1 stars.

Yes, I am moving ahead and I know this kind of client/people in the earth rarely exist but unfortunately I met one.

So CS will change a review from 5 stars to 1 star, just because someone said she doesn’t have time to chat. :thinking:

Update: This was Fiverr support initial feedback on my query:

Hi there Sabina,

Thank you for contacting us.

I’m sorry to hear that your experience with this buyer has been less than positive. I understand you are concerned that your order may be cancelled if the buyer contacts Support.

Please rest assured that we take our sellers’ revenue very seriously, and we require buyers to provide us with a satisfactory explanation and proof before canceling an order. When you don’t get paid, neither does Fiverr; we want every Gig order to be successful. However, we also cannot force a buyer to accept an order with which they are not satisfied.

If the buyer seems uncertain about the work that you have done for the order, may I recommend that you create a list detailing the work you have done on the order, and explain to the buyer how this list compares to your Gig description and the buyer’s order requirements?

Please continue communicating with the buyer to see if you are able to reach a mutually beneficial agreement regarding this order, and let us know if there is anything we can assist you with.

Keep us posted.

Best regards!

(It apparently visible that the agent never read my request and answer with a premade template)

This was my reply to the support:

Hi, I am totally disappointed with you guys!
Who asked you to cancel the order?
Did you ever read my message?
Please read my message again. If you can’t understand the problem I described above then just let me know. I will try to explain in a better way. BUT please don’t send me another template answer again

This was another answer from support:

Hi there,

Thanks for following up and I apologize for the confusion. While we understand your frustration regarding this feedback, we will not be able to remove it due to our feedback removal policy. The buyer is able to change their feedback as they see fit based upon their experience with an order. While we cannot speak for the buyer, it appears that they changed their review based upon their overall experience with the order and you as a seller.

May I recommend if you are uncertain why a feedback was left, asking the buyer something along the lines of “Could you please provide me some more feedback as to what I could’ve done to improve your experience?” This way the buyer can give you constructive criticism to work on to improve the order at hand and your future orders as well.

We are currently working on improving our seller protection and experience. I will forward your suggestion to our product developers for further review. For more information regarding our Feedback Policy, please see the link below.

https://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003087948-Feedback

Hi there,

Thanks for following up and I apologize for the confusion. While we understand your frustration regarding this feedback, we will not be able to remove it due to our feedback removal policy. The buyer is able to change their feedback as they see fit based upon their experience with an order. While we cannot speak for the buyer, it appears that they changed their review based upon their overall experience with the order and you as a seller.

May I recommend if you are uncertain why a feedback was left, asking the buyer something along the lines of “Could you please provide me some more feedback as to what I could’ve done to improve your experience?” This way the buyer can give you constructive criticism to work on to improve the order at hand and your future orders as well.

We are currently working on improving our seller protection and experience. I will forward your suggestion to our product developers for further review. For more information regarding our Feedback Policy, please see the link below.

yes according to fiverr policy only buyer ca edit or change the reviews 😦

Hi there,

it appears that they changed their review based upon their overall experience with the order and you as a seller.

How does a buyer change their review without the seller initiating a resolution?

(this was my reply again)

I completely disagree with you, Vanessa!
This is not a buyer experience with the seller as far as this order is concerned (ORDER #FO6F1C65A365).
Let me explain to you why?

1. He left me a 4.7 stars rating for the initial delivery.
  2. When did I ask him why I don’t deserve a 5 stars rating? He asked me to make a change on the file and I redeliver the file after making the changes and below is his quoted answer on the redeliverable file:
    “It’s perfect!”
    (I attached the screenshot of our conversation, it’s a jpeg image file and you need to open it using any image preview software).
  3. Finally, he changed the rating from 4.7 to 5 stars based on my review change request via Fiverr resolution center.
    If you read my message until this point ( I beg you to read Carefully again if you didn’t), you will agree that this was his experience as far is this order concerned.
    Now the twist of the story:
    A few a minute later after changing the review rating, he started sending the messages which were not only unnecessary but also irritating, So, I made the mind that I will never work for this client in the future so I tried to avoid him. Here are some reasons why I wanted to avoid him - He was very impatience, provided wrong instructions initially, was pushing to do the re-work immediately.
  4. But he was unhappy and took it personally. So he changed the review again (as 2rd time) with the help from Fiverr CS agent.
    Now, My question is which policy allows a support guy (whoever did it) to allow him to change the review (2rd time) by violating Fiverr review policy?
    I discussed this issue on Fiverr forum and this NEVER happened with anyone in the past and as per some sellers feedback, this is impossible!
    Please don’t send me another templated answer AGAIN.
    I know what I am requesting is 100% valid and my RIGHT as a Fiverr seller.
    But what your support guy did is 100% violation of Fiverr review policy so you should take responsibility and fix it.
    Best,
    Sabina

(Lets wait to to see the response from support)

I had a similar issue where the buyer was extremely rude and I was courteous, and they left a one star review. I contacted customer support about this and they have done absolutely nothing. CS insists that I have to simply get more orders to increase the 20% positive rating. The terrible rating is still up and I cannot make offers on buyer requests.

I had a similar issue where the buyer was extremely rude and I was courteous, and they left a one star review. I contacted customer support about this and they have done absolutely nothing. CS insists that I have to simply get more orders to increase the 20% positive rating. The terrible rating is still up and I cannot make offers on buyer requests.

The OP had a different scenario I believe. She explained that once a review was made, the buyer mysteriously was able to change it from GOOD to WORSE. Unless support made that change I’m unsure and baffled on how it occurred.

Archived