Fiverr Community Forum

Client demanding another free revision

So I have a client right now who are not asking, but demanding to have another free revision when I haven’t even sent the first free revision yet. They said what I made for them first was terrible and a bunch of other things to try and guilt me into saying yes. I still said no because I provide one free revision to fix the mistakes I have made.
This is the first time I have ever had a situation like this. Other clients usually ask about extra revisions and they pay or they won’t like what I sent them first and the free revision is something completely different.
Now that I’ve said no, I feel like these people are going to flip out again. Has anyone else dealt with a situation like this?

6 Likes

Never offer unlimited revisions, take care after this order :relieved:

2 Likes

They recently demanded the same thing from me. and in the reviews, they practically do a different work to the guidelines they gave for the work in the beginning. I told him that the free revision ran out

2 Likes

Another thing you could try is to send them, on the order page, a suggestion to pay for another revision. Send that offer with the price for them to accept right on the order page. You can this way let them know you expect to be paid for another revision.

5 Likes

Yeah they asked about another revision before and I explained that a revision after the free one is $5. They said okay then 4 hours later they came back with the insults then “provide us one more revision without charging us after this one.”

1 Like

Sorry this happened to you!

2 Likes

Keep your cool, make them happy this time and review your gig revision number for your gigs. Set the revision number according to your comfort.

1 Like

Yeah that’s exactly what I did! I said sorry and I understood they did not like it but I provide one free revision because it’s so I can fix changes and mistakes. So trying to keep them as happy as possible without giving any free extras because they are switching from super nice to insults to back to being nice again.

1 Like

They might have been testing you to see how much more they could get from you.

2 Likes

No matter what they hurl at you, you must not lose your cool. Be calm and make them happy until they are satisfied we do not have any other option as a seller but to make them happy otherwise they would ask cancellations and cancellations would drop our ratings hamper further sales.

Okay so now after dealing with these people and being as kind as possible, asking about absolutely everything what they wanted (and they kept changing their requirements at least 5 times) they have sent in a cancellation. What’s worse, risking a 1 star or accepting a cancellation? They claim “I don’t like the poster and it’s not what we want. We also cannot get a free revision anymore.” They also added “If you were not specialized on this, you should have to tell us.” ??? Everything clients need to know is on my profile and I have my portfolios linked. And I do believe what I made them matches my portfolio. What should I say to decline the cancellation? Because I did do everything they asked for, even sending a draft asking if the layout was okay and they said yes! Asked about every font and color and they said yes!

Quick update: I found out that the Fiverr TOS says “Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig page. Buyers may rate their experience with the seller on the order page, including the overall level of service quality received.” so I would be able to reject the cancellation!

Unfortunatey, the buyer still can ask for cancellation from Fiverr CS - and they will provide the cancellation, because Fiverr doesn’t care much about sellers. Look at this topic: Fiverr violating their own TOS, is this legal?

It’s our very own business to deal with too nervous or too demanding or even bad buyers. I’ve been in such a situation before, when the buyer placed the order without contacting me and wanted me to create a logo. And I am an artist, not a graphic designer, I don’t do logos and gig information had it. Though, I did my best to try and make one - I didn’t want to cancel the order and get a penalty. But, as a result - tons of time spent, 5 rounds of revisions done, order cancelled by Fiverr CS and buyer said “thank you for the materials, I will find someone to change the illustration a bit, so I can use it as a logo, it’s great”. And I could do absolutely NOTHING about it.

So yeah, bad things happens, but in this way we gain experience. Now I’m much more careful and prefer to cancel the order than burn my nerves.

4 Likes

I get where you are coming from, but I did do absolutely everything the client asked for. They agreed to the layout I sent to them. They changed their color scheme three times. I used the fonts they asked for. They even asked for an illustrated background but my gig is “image based poster” so I did ask if they wanted an image background instead and they said no image but gradient is fine. I mentioned twice that an extra revision is $5. They’re mad that I’m not giving them free work. If they do contact CS, then I would be able to contact CS too to give my side of the story, right? It’s still risking it but putting “I don’t like it and I can’t get another free revision” shouldn’t be enough for Fiverr to accept a cancellation?

1 Like

Well, it would be great if Fiverr CS is going to be on your side, but usually it never happens, they prefer to be on the Buyer’s side. Fos CS “client is not satisfied = order cancellation”, no matter how hard you try and what you did to make the Buyer happy.

I really wish you all the best, maybe this time they will make fair decision.

4 Likes

Sadly :frowning: It sucks because they kept switching their mood but their kindness and everything they agreed to was fake so they could just reject it in the end.

1 Like

I had a similar situation happen to me. Was “nice” but condescending and then called my work stupid and canceled the order. It was my first (and thankfully only) bad experience so far, so I just agreed to the cancellation to get him out of my hair. I’d rather take the cancellation than the negative review, but truthfully it’s probably better to deliver and get the bad review because you still get paid, and chances are, if there’s one bad apple in a sea of perfect scores, people will be less likely to believe the review.

It’s a shame it played out the way it did, but don’t compromise because a client is trying to push you around. Stay firm in your skills and business know-how, and you’ll get clients that respect you.

3 Likes

I hope this turns out to be my only bad experience. I just did the research on Fiverr to see if I /had/ to accept and once I saw that saying it’s bad quality doesn’t make it eligible then I was like okay fine I don’t have to. I definitely prefer getting one bad review over not getting paid for my work. The rest of my reviews are good so I believe eventually it will get buried. Throughout this whole thing I refused to let them push me around and did my best to help otherwise. Clearly they were just not happy with not being able to get free work.

I ended up contacting customer service after they tried to request another cancellation, just to let CS know what was going on. Some people have been saying that I shouldn’t contact them because they usually side with the buyer but so far it’s been a good experience! At first they just let me know they can’t force the buyer to accept which I understand that and to point out how what I made matches what the buyer asked for which I already did. I explained I’m just following up, what steps I have taken so far, and said I haven’t heard a response back yet (still haven’t) and wasn’t sure what to do next. They replied with saying they were glad to hear that I was trying to continue communication with the buyer and to keep them posted and let them know if I need any more help.

So I was pretty surprised by that! At this point, I’m not sure what’s going to happen next with this order.

2 Likes

You did absolutely right thing! I know that a lot of people scared of CS but if you did everything you could according to fiverr rules they are quite helpful.

They might ask you to draw a map or a list of the things you completed to buyer to show that you delivered everything as promised but mostly you needed to be in contact with CS so they would already know your side of the story by the time and if buyer decides to contact fiverr support.

Just keep declining cancellations that buyer sending and keep explaining that orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on client satisfaction and that you delivered everything according to your gig and even gave free things on top of that.
Sooner or later they will get tired.

2 Likes

I’m really curious about your outcome.
I just had a bad experience as well yesterday.
There was a customer who wanted me to do an emote in the same position and hair but with other colors+heart of an old emote of mine,so i made this 2 TIMES even though i have only 1 free REVISION and he still wasnt satisfacted and BLAME IT on me and saying it doenst look like i showed to more people and they said that customer is really shitty
AND HE ONLY WANTED TO TRACE IT which is illegal and explained to him AND i told him if u want me another revision will cost money but eventually HE CANCELED THE ORDERD AND I ACCEPT BECAUSE I WORKED SO MUCH EXTRA AND TALK WITH FOR 1 HOUR and im so upsted cuz no money for so much stress :confused:

3 Likes