Client does not understand basic terminology, blames it on me

k4u_91

Hi

I’m just looking to rant a bit because I’m worried and hopefully someone can share their experience too. .

This guy contacts me. Shares his site URL, he has a new WP installation. He asks me that he needs an auction website, full functional and gave me a pretty advanced reference site, I checked it all in details and I send him the quote. He replies back that my gig is $5 so why am I charging so high, I explain to him that what need does not constitute as a “fix” but he needs a full website made. He then says he will report my gig for being misleading 😕 Not sure what else to do then just pray and wait.

Nothing will happen, if your gig doesn’t offer what he asked and you priced the job using a custom offer button.
I had a client like that once, after discussing his requirements for 30 minutes or so, I estimated my price for him and sent a custom offer, he then told me “Even you Premium package is less than this custom offer and I will report blah blah”… I explained to him, that the request he is asking for is far beyond the premium and that “I price my service as I see fit, you can either reject or accept the custom offer without arguing with me.”

Then nothing happened.

Archived