Client gave a link to requirements

fariazishan

Hello everyone!

So a couple of days back, a potential buyer texed me and said that he needs some technical writing work done and that the requirements are on the this link. I said I could not open the link and that he should briefly mention the requirements here on chat. He didn’t reply. Why do people fo that and what should I do in such scenarios.

Even though web browsers nowadays come with awesome in-built internet security, I would NEVER click on some random link someone (“potential buyer”) sends on the internet. For all we know, it could be an attempt to infect your electronic device with viruses or a hacking/phishing attempt.

In such scenarios, it is better to ignore them and click on the small report (or spam) button above the message. Please DO NOT click on the link that the potential buyer sent if you are not 100% sure that it is safe.

Do not think of it as a lost business opportunity; instead, think of it as a “PHEW, I am lucky… Good thing I didn’t click on that link; my computer and my work are safe” moment 😜

Archived