Fiverr Community Forum

Client paid less then we agreed

I agreed with a client on a certain amount. The client sent me an order but paid less than agreed. What will happen if I don’t accept the order? He/she first asked me to do the work first and get paid later. I didn’t agree. Please, help me, I am only a beginner on Fiverr. I’ve got a good review of some work I have done so far. I don’t want to spoil it but I also don’t want to work for someone who doesn’t stick to the deal.

1 Like

You should talk about your work first and discuss about the charges . If both are agreed then send offer or tell the buyer to order .When the buyer will order ,then you will start your work .Do not start work without getting order … Some buyer try to scam … So be careful with that …

1 Like

Don’t work first before he paid, you should tell him it’s against of Fiverr TOS, I can’t do this…

1 Like

Thank you, the buyer did order, but the money is not as we agreed.

What do you mean by that . They only can order that you will want … If you send the custom offer of $100 then they can not definitely order for $10 . You should care about that …

You are welcome … :grinning:

1 Like

That’s not a custom offer. The buyer ordered my gig with extended delivery and that’s less than we talked about. That’s because he wanted several times the same gig.

1 Like

You should not do that . First tell them to order then start your work . And if they ask for additional work then send them custom offer … And if the buyer already placed order then work as your gig description .And if you do not want to work with the buyer then cancel the order . It will affect on your completion rate.

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ve obviously got a lot to learn here.

1 Like

You are welcome. :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi, Simply send him/her a custom offer (on the order page) for difference. Along your custom offer, explain the pricing. If your client orders the difference, you can proceed with your work.

If they don’t respond, I’d suggest you to wait for some time and then get in touch with CS (at least 24 hours before you run out of time to deliver the order) to cancel the order. Request CS to cancel the order without affecting your “Order Completion Rate”, explain how your client didn’t pay the required amount to work on the order.

I’d suggest you not the deliver incomplete order. Delivering partial order might get you in trouble. Also, please do not work on the order unless you are paid in full beforehand.

3 Likes

I understand your situation and the possibles causes would be

If you work as per gig descprition it might not be complete work for buyer so he will at the end give you negative feedback if you even deliver. Now, as the buyer already ordered do make him understand that you will not get everything under the gig order so can you please accept my additional offer so we can start works.

If they don’t agree on that better just mutually cancel order because a Feedback remains on profile forever while as orde completion will just affect for 60 days and you can make it better by working hard with getting good amount of orders in future.

2 Likes

If you are a starter then do it and you will earn atleast good review which will benefit you in long run.
Otherwise the rule is simple, the more the buyer pays the more value you give them and vice versa.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your valuable advice. It’s all so confusing for beginners. :confused:

2 Likes

Hi there… I had a look at your gigs … some of them might be interpreted as offering academic services and that’s not allowed on Fiverr … You might want to change them a bit because you might get in trouble and loose your account.

2 Likes

Thank you, I didn’t know that. I’ll have to do something about it. Do changes on gigs affect rating?

1 Like

it doesn’t affect ratings … maybe only rankings but that depends on many factors

2 Likes

you think again what you said.

2 Likes