Client unable to click custom offer

kizzume

I generally have my profile set for out-of-office (now labeled as “unavailable”), and do custom offers at people’s requests. This way I can screen the jobs I do so I don’t have to do voice overs for sex products, homeopathy, and scams.

Tonight was the first time a client was unable to click on a custom offer that I made. Have you made changes recently to how profiles set for “unavailable” are able to talk with clients?

Thanks.

I think this is a question that has to be directed to the support center and not towards the community that has no tools nor power to change how “Unavailable” function works and correlates with custom offers 🙂

I’ll try that. Thanks.

I think this is a question that has to be directed to the support center and not towards the community that has no tools nor power to change how “Unavailable” function works and correlates with custom offers 🙂

Ok… I’m having a hard time finding that. All I can find are links to information.

Then try to use something more ‘generalized’ like this: Order issues - General inquiries - Other.

They will answer anyway 🙂 and if what, should forward you to a correct department/team.

But I can’t send a ticket without giving them an order number, which I don’t have because that’s not the problem.

But I can’t send a ticket without giving them an order number, which I don’t have because that’s not the problem.

You need to get it started from somewhere, as long as you can reach out to them and at least describe an issue - that’s enough for a start. They are professionally trained and know most about how their own platform works, so they’ll say what specifically is needed.

You can also just drop in a “placeholder” aka XXX-XXX-XXX whatever. Else, it also may seem as a potential bug so go to Bugs - Order - Gig extra or package error. This one doesn’t require an ID so perhaps its even better.

You need to get it started from somewhere, as long as you can reach out to them and at least describe an issue - that’s enough for a start. They are professionally trained and know most about how their own platform works, so they’ll say what specifically is needed.

You can also just drop in a “placeholder” aka XXX-XXX-XXX whatever. Else, it also may seem as a potential bug so go to Bugs - Order - Gig extra or package error. This one doesn’t require an ID so perhaps its even better.

I did it as a bug report as well. Thanks very much for your help.

I got hit with this problem as well, and it is devastating to my business on Fiverr since I mostly work with regular clients who place orders while I’m busy working on other projects, allowing me to schedule future work and keep my project queue constantly busy, while ensuring that I am able to meet my regulars’ demands at all times.

I’ve contacted support as well, at least to know whether this is an error or if this is how things are expected to ‘work’ from now on.

I got hit with this problem as well, and it is devastating to my business on Fiverr since I mostly work with regular clients who place orders while I’m busy working on other projects, allowing me to schedule future work and keep my project queue constantly busy, while ensuring that I am able to meet my regulars’ demands at all times.

I’ve contacted support as well, at least to know whether this is an error or if this is how things are expected to ‘work’ from now on.

Here’s what they told me, and there’s no telling how long it will be going this way:

"I have checked for you and I can inform you that we are currently running a test.

You can simply turn off the unavailable feature long enough for your buyer to purchase a service and then turn it back on again.

We thank you for your understanding."

If you’re out of office, you can’t receive any orders, even through custom offers.

As your Fiverr CS member said, you need to turn off OOO while the buyer purchases, and once the order has been placed, you can turn it back on!

That’s not acceptable. That’s not the way it’s been for years.

That’s not acceptable. That’s not the way it’s been for years.

Why is it not acceptable?

You’re supposed to go out of office when you don’t want any orders at all.

I don’t think you’re using the feature for the right purpose, but even so, it’s not that hard to quickly go in the app and deactivate OOO, and then activate it again. I hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...

@krheate are you a Fiverr staff or representative?

I hit this problem just now as well! Usually I put myself as unavailable to prevent getting contacted/ordered by new clients (coz I already have tons of work) but my existing clients may contact me for some quick extra work. In that case, I want to send a custom offer. This used to work fine before, but today a buyer sent me screenshots showing the Continue button being disabled. It was only enabled for the buyer after I made myself available again!

image.png.4e2594c6e3fa76699352646699d73e54.png

I have never had this problem before, and it’s really not acceptable! If I’m sending a custom offer at any point in time whether I’m overbooked, “OOO” or whatever, I know what I’m doing! I know that I will get an order started when the offer is accepted! That’s the purpose of a “custom offer”!

My immediate action must override my general status.

Otherwise, please disable the “Custom Offer” feature from being used when I’m unavailable if you don’t agree. There was no notification whatsoever (except the buyer telling me) that this feature stops working now when I’m unavailable. 😞

If we’re going to be troubled to become available temporarily before sending custom offers, at least remind us to do so.

Cross-linking:

1. Buyer is unable to accept custom offer!
  2. Buyer not able to accept Custom Offer while Seller in Out of Office mode - Fiverr Site / Report a Bug

I hit this problem just now as well! Usually I put myself as unavailable to prevent getting contacted/ordered by new clients (coz I already have tons of work) but my existing clients may contact me for some quick extra work. In that case, I want to send a custom offer. This used to work fine before, but today a buyer sent me screenshots showing the Continue button being disabled. It was only enabled for the buyer after I made myself available again!

I have never had this problem before, and it’s really not acceptable! If I’m sending a custom offer at any point in time whether I’m overbooked, “OOO” or whatever, I know what I’m doing! I know that I will get an order started when the offer is accepted! That’s the purpose of a “custom offer”!

My immediate action must override my general status.

Otherwise, please disable the “Custom Offer” feature from being used when I’m unavailable if you don’t agree. There was no notification whatsoever (except the buyer telling me) that this feature stops working now when I’m unavailable. 😞

If we’re going to be troubled to become available temporarily before sending custom offers, at least remind us to do so.

Cross-linking:

1. Buyer is unable to accept custom offer!
  2. Buyer not able to accept Custom Offer while Seller in Out of Office mode - Fiverr Site / Report a Bug

Nope, I’m just a seller on Fiverr!

However, I totally understand what you’re getting at. I think custom offers should be allowed even when you’re OOO. Maybe let CS know, and they could make a potential change…

I generally have my profile set for out-of-office (now labeled as “unavailable”), and do custom offers at people’s requests. This way I can screen the jobs I do so I don’t have to do voice overs for sex products, homeopathy, and scams.

Tonight was the first time a client was unable to click on a custom offer that I made. Have you made changes recently to how profiles set for “unavailable” are able to talk with clients?

Thanks.

sex products, homeopathy, and scams.

What are three things that when combined may turn into a very awkward situation.

I’m late to this thread but just wanted to mention that your disembodied floating head gig video definitely piqued my curiosity!

Archived