Fiverr Community Forum

Client wants to change style after he accepted offer

I’m not sure if I’m in the right place, but I need your help.
My friend is a seller on this website. She makes illustrations. She started working with a client, they agreed on price, style, everything.
My friend sent this client an offer for the gig, and now, after the client accepted it, she (the client) suddenly wants to completely change the style of the illustration, to a style that my friend doesn’t know how to draw in. My friend doesn’t even have drawings in a similar style in her portfolio.
So now my friend needs to draw in a style she doesn’t know how to draw in.
Is there any way to get out of this mess without getting her stats hurt? I don’t think it’s fair if her order completion % will drop because the client decided to make such drastic changes.
It’s like if I will go to a metal musician, and agree with him to record a song with me, and after we signed the contact, I will ask him to change it to jazz.

1 Like

Your friend can try talking to Customer Support → https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new … CS will initially say (depending on who you land in) to encourage to talk it out with the buyer, etc, etc. Some CS will cancel it much quicker. Though they usually don’t assure that stats will be affected, from experience it doesn’t affect in my case. You will have to explain the situation well… and be lucky with a CS who bothers to understand the situation more.

1 Like

Thanks!! I hope it will work

This but I would also add that the seller first needs to get the buyer to agree to a cancellation. Some CSs have told me that they can’t just cancel an order without seeing somewhere in the chat that the buyer has explicitly agreed to a cancellation.

1 Like

I agree, yes you are correct! You should have tried discussing it with the buyer before anything else.

1 Like