Client Warn Me to Report My Account

zexhan

Hi,

I Complete an Order with a Client 2 Month Ago. The order was Completed by Client 2 Designs wasn’t sent by the client. he comes back after 2 months want me the design something because his 2 design was pending. i said okay I’ll do it. but i was busy didn’t deliver on time which i was told to him. now, he reports my account and using bad language. what i need to do in this situation?

If you offer unlimited revisions, this is what happens - buyers come back months (or even years) later demanding revisions. If you refuse, CS will take their side and refund.

Take all mention of unlimited revisions and “100% satisfaction” off your profile and gigs now.

For this particular instance … you’ll have to do it.

If you’ve offered unlimited revisions and he’s requesting a revision, I would not recommend blocking him, it is likely that this will go against you as a seller.

Because you’ve offered unlimited revisions, that’s what you need to provide.

If you offer unlimited revisions, this is what happens - buyers come back months (or even years) later demanding revisions. If you refuse, CS will take their side and refund.

Take all mention of unlimited revisions and “100% satisfaction” off your profile and gigs now.

For this particular instance … you’ll have to do it.

on the off chance that anyone from fiverr is listening, this is really dumb. unlimited revisions should mean unlimited revisions while the original order is still open. why is there even an option for unlimited revisions if this is what happens. if this should exist at all it should be a separate option called “lifetime guarantee” or something, and no seller should offer it. revisions are useful in cases where there is clearly a language barrier, but both parties are willing to work it out and everyone ends up happy

<.<

what if i block him?? because he’s using bad language. i told him to give me some time to work on it. but he’s saying he’ll teach me a lesson

Why would you offer unlimited revisions if you don’t want to do that?

This is why you don’t offer that. You don’t get to retroactively change what the contract means.

This is why you don’t offer that. You don’t get to retroactively change what the contract means.

Unlimited offer only applicable if order is active, order completed 2 months back so OP should not bound to do this.

Unlimited offer only applicable if order is active, order completed 2 months back so OP should not bound to do this.

Unlimited offer only applicable if order is active, order completed 2 months back so OP should not bound to do this

This is incorrect. There are plenty of past cases where buyers had unlimited revisions, and came back later for more work. Fiverr sided with the buyer in these cases because the seller clearly offered UNLIMITED revisions. The solution to avoid this is to NOT offer unlimited revisions.

The promise of unlimited revisions is contractual, and the seller is required to provide work, according to the the written terms of the order – thus, unlimited work, in perpetuity.

If you don’t offer unlimited work, then there are no legal continuance issues to worry about.

That’s definitely not true. The terms of a contract don’t change just because an order was marked completed. That’s not how contracts work. You don’t get to override the terms.

i think it’s a bit tight that most new sellers offer unlimited revs, and fiverr allows it, if that’s what it means

here’s the thing. let’s pay a a visit to our favourite restaurant, analogy king. let us order a drink that comes with unlimited refills. let us take our cup and keep it and bring it back two years later. ya seeing the same iddy biddy issue i am?

seeing as it is, if i had 4 revisions and only used 3, could i come back a year later and use my last one?

i think it’s a bit tight that most new sellers offer unlimited revs, and fiverr allows it, if that’s what it means

here’s the thing. let’s pay a a visit to our favourite restaurant, analogy king. let us order a drink that comes with unlimited refills. let us take our cup and keep it and bring it back two years later. ya seeing the same iddy biddy issue i am?

seeing as it is, if i had 4 revisions and only used 3, could i come back a year later and use my last one?

let us order a drink that comes with unlimited refills. let us take our cup and keep it and bring it back two years later.

That’s not the same thing. In your example, you’re expressing an in-person business, where being present, inside the restaurant, eating food ordered on one visit, is the extent of the use of what was purchased. Unlimited refills clearly mean, for the duration of your visit. No restaurant is saying, “eat your dinner, and come back tomorrow afternoon for more free soda”.

That’s a tangible product analogy.

Here on Fiverr, we’re working with person-to-person contractual project, where the “unlimited” interaction is indefinite, because there’s a written contract promising that that person-to-person agreement is unlimited. An unlimited revisions contract – clearly visible in gig terms – requires the buyer and seller to honor the agreed terms, as written, according to how it is written.

In your restaurant analogy, it is understood that you’re eating the fresh food you ordered now. When the food is gone, and you leave the restaurant, the terms of sale are concluded.

Therefore, you cannot, reasonably, compare a tangible product restaurant visit with a project-based, written contract freelance format. The two are not alike.

let us order a drink that comes with unlimited refills. let us take our cup and keep it and bring it back two years later.

That’s not the same thing. In your example, you’re expressing an in-person business, where being present, inside the restaurant, eating food ordered on one visit, is the extent of the use of what was purchased. Unlimited refills clearly mean, for the duration of your visit. No restaurant is saying, “eat your dinner, and come back tomorrow afternoon for more free soda”.

That’s a tangible product analogy.

Here on Fiverr, we’re working with person-to-person contractual project, where the “unlimited” interaction is indefinite, because there’s a written contract promising that that person-to-person agreement is unlimited. An unlimited revisions contract – clearly visible in gig terms – requires the buyer and seller to honor the agreed terms, as written, according to how it is written.

In your restaurant analogy, it is understood that you’re eating the fresh food you ordered now. When the food is gone, and you leave the restaurant, the terms of sale are concluded.

Therefore, you cannot, reasonably, compare a tangible product restaurant visit with a project-based, written contract freelance format. The two are not alike.

…The two are not alike.

fair enough. does it make any difference if a buyer randomly purchases a gig and the seller never agreed to that particular contract?

…The two are not alike.

fair enough. does it make any difference if a buyer randomly purchases a gig and the seller never agreed to that particular contract?

As Fiverr intends, you should provide all information that a buyer would need, clearly written on your gig, and in each package. Good sellers leave no room for buyer confusion in terms of what is being purchased. Good buyers ask questions if they need more clarification. Buyers should not need to contact you in order to hire you. That is how Fiverr’s unique format is intended.

Serious buyers do not make “random purchases”.

Archived