Fiverr Community Forum

Clients cancelling orders

Any advice on How to deal with inconsiderate customers? I’ve had a fair share of people cancelling orders because they have changed their mind or they accidentally ordered. All our cancellations are from the buyers fault and yet us sellers get penalised. ANy work around to this problem?

5 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

This is exactly I was about to write to fiverr support. This happens to everyone but no solution, why?

1 Like

Can anyone explain why it is happening??

1 Like

yes, most of the canceling are buyers mistake, that’s why I always including this on my gigs

but Fiverr allow us to have 10% rate of canceling, so it’s fine with me.

2 Likes

I am facing the same problem, dear.

1 Like

My client who ordered yesterday and asked for the cancellation today 24hrs later, already knew how Fiverr services worked yet they still were so inconsiderate. I have noticed mostly young teenagers do this, showing absolute no compassion for how their cancellation might affect our services. Thank you for the advice, I will be using that same phrasing in all of my gigs now :slight_smile:

Actually, the ask the fiverr support to cancel the order without saying anything or any explanation, it seems that they were just checking how to place the order and then asked fiverr to cancel it.

2 Likes

And this happened to me even before I delivered the order.

1 Like

Why? What happened? ???

order cancellation by fiverr support.

I do not believe that someone can ‘accidentally’ order :sweat_smile: What? Their cat stepped on the order now button? And typed up all the requirements and attached a logo while it was at it? I agree with you, these should not count in our cancellation rate, let’s be honest, they found someone they liked better for their project (or it was cheaper) or realised they overspent that day. Not our fault now is it?

3 Likes

Whenever someone wants to cancel because they don’t want my service anymore (and I haven’t done any work on it), I go to CS. It’s only happened twice, but they’ve taken care of it for me both times. I know this isn’t the experience of everyone, though, especially with CS’s response time as of late.

2 Likes

i opened today the forum for same type of problem. this is happening to me 4th time in last 60 days. though i have written the line highlighted " please contact me first before order " . few hours ago a client opened an order & asking what is cpanel . will you provide content etc. he is totally newbie. now if i will cancel the order it will drop my score. what should i do now :frowning:

1 Like

Contact customer support.

For any kind of cancellation based on the buyer ordering something by mistake, always contact customer support. If it’s out of your control and you can show that to CS, they are going to cancel the order for you without it affecting your cancellation rate.

I had buyers who ordered by mistake, who misread my gig and also some who never filled out the requirements after placing an order or just never responded after ordering and I couldn’t finish the order.

In all these instances I asked CS for help and they always did.

4 Likes

Thanks. yes i have issued a ticket for that. but due to Covid-19 problems. fiverr support replies in around 4-5 days i guess. so the delivery date is just 46 hours left. what will happen if the delivery time is passed

1 Like

Then your order runs late. Can you try to explain to the customer that you need to extend the delivery time so that CS can cancel the order? If you explained to them that you wrote a ticket and are waiting for the cancellation from customer support, maybe they will accept the delivery time extension through the resolution center.

1 Like

anyone having this info if an order is cancelled by CS after let’s say 3 days. will late order still have any issues as it will be cancelled though

I’m not sure, I haven’t been in this situation myself. I guess you will have to wait and see and maybe once the order is cancelled by CS, write them another ticket to ask for this order to not affect your “delivered on time” stat because you had 2 days of time to cancel the order but CS didn’t get to it in time. So that would be CS’s fault (but don’t say that)

Other than that, you can use the resolution center to mutually cancel the order so you avoid a late delivery but then the cancellation will affect your stats.