Clients coming and leaving without buying

constantinearts

Hello guys

I have a problem which has happened quite a lot of times recently. Client comes to chat about a gig/order and seems interested and we exchange some informations for a day or two. Mainly i ask questions to know his/her needs so i know what offer to make. However at some point the client does not reply anymore and i have not even sent an offer ot talk about a price.

Does anyone have an advice on this issue? Do i talk too much and ask to many questions ? Should i make an offer as soon as possible or are those clients not serious at all? Some of them did not offer me enough informations to know what they want so i really think some of them were not even serious.

Thanks !

You need to stop the long chats and questions as much as possible. They get tired of it and leave. Get them to get to the point and make an offer.
It’s normal for them to stop answering or chatting usually. They don’t stick around forever chatting.
Get to the price and your offer within about one minute. Or 30 seconds.

Exchanging information for a day or two?

I looked at your gigs and now I understand. Still, make an offer as soon as you see you can do the job and see if they accept it. Hopefully in the first ten minutes of chat.

Close that sale quickly.

You need to stop the long chats and questions as much as possible. They get tired of it and leave. Get them to get to the point and make an offer.

It’s normal for them to stop answering or chatting usually. They don’t stick around forever chatting.

I looked at your gigs and now I understand. Still, make an offer as soon as you see you can do the job and see if they accept it. Hopefully in the first ten minutes of chat.

Close that sale quickly.

I have some Gigs that require even a week or two of working and are more than 100 usd in price so i just cant throw an offer after 1 minute but i understand i should do it as fast as possible. I just dont want to make an offer and start the work without knowing the exact requirements which in the end would lead ot other problems.

I did not chat for days like continously, just exchanging information about the requirements every few hours or so.

But you are right i shoudl wrap things up as fast as possble.

I have some Gigs that require even a week or two of working and are more than 100 usd in price so i just cant throw an offer after 1 minute but i understand i should do it as fast as possible. I just dont want to make an offer and start the work without knowing the exact requirements which in the end would lead ot other problems.

I did not chat for days like continously, just exchanging information about the requirements every few hours or so.

You get lots of time wasters, people who never intended to buy anything at all.

By getting that custom offer in front of them very fast you can cut out the time wasters by carefully analyzing how they respond. A time waster will ignore it and keep asking more questions. You can ask them what they thought of the offer to feel them out to see if they are seriously looking to make a purchase.

Your time spent talking to them is valuable and has a price too you know.

You are a professional and are giving away your valuable time. Just some things to think about. It will get easier as time goes by to tell the real clients from the ones who just want to chat with someone, anyone, to hear themselves talk.

You get lots of time wasters, people who never intended to buy anything at all.

By getting that custom offer in front of them very fast you can cut out the time wasters by carefully analyzing how they respond. A time waster will ignore it and keep asking more questions. You can ask them what they thought of the offer to feel them out to see if they are seriously looking to make a purchase.

Your time spent talking to them is valuable and has a price too you know.

You are a professional and are giving away your valuable time. Just some things to think about. It will get easier as time goes by to tell the real clients from the ones who just want to chat with someone, anyone, to hear themselves talk.

Yes i am also aware that the more i talk without offering the more chances are he will be choosing someone else`s offer.

Yes i am also aware that the more i talk without offering the more chances are he will be choosing someone else`s offer.

They like to talk to someone about some dream they have and if you are willing to listen they will be more than happy to go on forever sometimes.

You seem very smart and have a lot of ability. I’m sure you will get to know when it will be a real client you are talking to.

Btw I know a lot of Romanians and most all are super smart and charming.

They like to talk to someone about some dream they have and if you are willing to listen they will be more than happy to go on forever sometimes.

You seem very smart and have a lot of ability. I’m sure you will get to know when it will be a real client you are talking to.

Btw I know a lot of Romanians and most all are super smart and charming.

Well you can usually tell by the way he/she replies but if the client just signed up on Fiverr it is a concern to me at least. But last time i had this problem it looks like the client did not log into the website at all.

The thing is that i had a client many months ago who actually appreciated that i asked a lot of questions before i started…but i guess not all clients appreciate that 🙂

Well you can usually tell by the way he/she replies but if the client just signed up on Fiverr it is a concern to me at least. But last time i had this problem it looks like the client did not log into the website at all.

The thing is that i had a client many months ago who actually appreciated that i asked a lot of questions before i started…but i guess not all clients appreciate that 🙂

Well just make sure you put a time limit to yourself on these chats and like I said if you get the offer with a price in front of them fast it puts them on alert you are not some pushover who is going to spend forever chatting without an order. You will do well here I think.

Well just make sure you put a time limit to yourself on these chats and like I said if you get the offer with a price in front of them fast it puts them on alert you are not some pushover who is going to spend forever chatting without an order. You will do well here I think.

Thanks, i hope so too. I think i lost a few jobs just because of this.

Sorry, it makes no sense to charge only $100 for an job that takes that long to complete.

Any buyer who would choose that is going to be unreasonable, inefficient and cagey with information. No true professional who knows what they’re doing would expect that much from someone charging so little.

Sorry, it makes no sense to charge only $100 for an job that takes that long to complete.

Any buyer who would choose that is going to be unreasonable, inefficient and cagey with information. No true professional who knows what they’re doing would expect that much from someone charging so little.

I prefer to set up longer deadlines not because it would take me that much time working 8 hours aeach day but just because i dont like tight deadlines. Maybe the example was extreme, i charge more than that for a job i set at 10-14 days. But i get your point and i also know that time is money and i need to be more efficient.

I prefer to set up longer deadlines not because it would take me that much time working 8 hours aeach day but just because i dont like tight deadlines. Maybe the example was extreme, i charge more than that for a job i set at 10-14 days. But i get your point and i also know that time is money and i need to be more efficient.

Yeah I know you’re not taking that much time to do the work. It still really isn’t wise.

Hello,

I am not an expert but i think when a buyer knocked a seller

Seller should ask 3 question

1. What is your actual requiremen?
  2. Time duration

3.budget

And sent according to this information sent a custom offer.

I think this is enough.

Because when a buyer want to provide a project at a time he or she knock 3 or 4 seller so who sent him attractive offer first buyer give the project to him.

Thank you.

Yes I totally agree with this.

Buyer just want the Best Service.

Listen to him/her carefully and think about his/her requirements.

And then tell them your Plan like how will you make the Work done, when will you give the Work and in which budget,high their expectations with telling them that you can do even better they think.

Give them Sample if needed.

Then ask them to continue with making a Custom Offer.

It is all Done.

Thanks a lot for your Time.

www.fiverr.com/ashwin_99507?

Close that sale quickly.

Thankzz it was so usefull for me

Hello,

2. Time duration

3.budget

I think this is enough.

Because when a buyer want to provide a project at a time he or she knock 3 or 4 seller so who sent him attractive offer first buyer give the project to him.

Thank you.

Nice workflow! Efficient and fast.

It sounds to me like you need to be far more to the point and stop the to and fro of messages. The chances are that a potential buyer will have messaged one or two other sellers (maybe more) with exactly the same request, so if one of them closes the deal before you - then you’ve lost the opportunity and wasted your time.

If I’m approached by a new potential client, so long as their original message makes sense and I’m happy to work with them, my reply is sent as a custom offer in which I repeat back to them in bullet point form my understanding of their request, my turnaround time, and my fee.

All the client has to do is accept the custom offer, and you’ve instantly landed the job! Or if something has got lost in translation then they can cancel the custom offer and message me back with a clearer request. Again, I reply with a further customer offer. Usually within minutes I’ve secured the job.

It saves time, and more importantly it works!

There’s a fine line between being polite and asserting yourself. Sounds like you’ve been way too polite, the buyers have got bored, and another seller has beaten you to it.

@constantinearts
Actually, any of the above mentioned could be the cases.
It could be that you asked too many questions. Try to get the necessary information out from your potential client with as fewer questions as possible and make the process as easy and as smooth as you can for them. Secondly, there is still a chance that many of the buyers would still disappear magically even if you do follow the first step because as you said they were not serious in the first place.

It sounds to me like you need to be far more to the point and stop the to and fro of messages. The chances are that a potential buyer will have messaged one or two other sellers (maybe more) with exactly the same request, so if one of them closes the deal before you - then you’ve lost the opportunity and wasted your time.

If I’m approached by a new potential client, so long as their original message makes sense and I’m happy to work with them, my reply is sent as a custom offer in which I repeat back to them in bullet point form my understanding of their request, my turnaround time, and my fee.

All the client has to do is accept the custom offer, and you’ve instantly landed the job! Or if something has got lost in translation then they can cancel the custom offer and message me back with a clearer request. Again, I reply with a further customer offer. Usually within minutes I’ve secured the job.

It saves time, and more importantly it works!

There’s a fine line between being polite and asserting yourself. Sounds like you’ve been way too polite, the buyers have got bored, and another seller has beaten you to it.

Thats realy a good tiip i have not thought if. Some things can be discussed even after the offer has been accepted. What i was trying to avoid was when a client would add some requirements or you realized some details that would increase the price of the job, after the offer is accepted. How would you deal with that situation, in case there was not much talking before?

Thats realy a good tiip i have not thought if. Some things can be discussed even after the offer has been accepted. What i was trying to avoid was when a client would add some requirements or you realized some details that would increase the price of the job, after the offer is accepted. How would you deal with that situation, in case there was not much talking before?

Make the offer twice what you actually think it’s worth. If you would charge $100 make it $200. It’s not a lot of money for what you are selling. And you will be covered if it becomes more involved.

Hello,

2. Time duration

3.budget

I think this is enough.

Thank you.

Thanks. 😀

• 2 months later...

Yes right, This is also my concern.

After accepting the offer by client, if he/she add some requirements.

1. Then can be add extra price for that?
  2. If yes, then what if the client cancel the order? Will it affect our order completion rate??

Archived