Fiverr Community Forum

Closed old account, created new one, now I cannot phone verify

I had a fiverr account several years ago which I’d forgotten about and therefore created a new one. Once I realized my mistake I decided to close the old account as I am currently in a different line of work than I was. I first read the help section and the forum, both mentioned not using the same email address but that is all. It made no mention of needing a different phone number or anything like that. Now I have closed that account but it is not letting me phone verify and saying my number is associated with another account. I guess I could be sneaky and use a fake number or a friends number but I want to be on the up and up. I have nothing to hide and I want to prevent problems that could possibly arise down the road by not doing everything by the book. What do I do?

3 Likes

This is totally against fiverr TOS to delete old account and open a new one you contact with fiverr support team thank you

1 Like

Oh wow thank you for telling me. It was an old acct I forgot that I even had when I created the new once I realized I figured one had to go so I deleted the old one.
I will contact the support team to work it out post haste
Thank you again

2 Likes

your most welcome have a nice day

1 Like

Well if that is true then explain this please because it is what gave me the impression I was allowed to do that,. This is cut and paste from Fiverr help guide:

Blockquote

How Do I Change My Username?

Your username is your unique identity on Fiverr and it cannot be changed. If you want to use another username, you need to close your account and create a new one. If you would like to use the email address in your current account for your new account, please change it before closing it.

Blockquote

1 Like

I’d still contact Fiverr CS and explain your situation.