Clown Tactics on Fiverr

willstauff

In my own personal experience, If they are wanting an order “right now” many times it’s a tactic. Especially if they are not telling you anything about the script or what they want up front. That tactic is to try to get out of paying for the full price for your services. If they want an order “right now” I’m charging them a fee to do it and on top of that fee they are paying for the listed price of my services. That usually smokes out the clowns.

If they tell you things like, hey if you “nail this” and “I’ll have all this steady future work for you” it’s a means of trying to get out of the price for the services. Promises of steady future work most of the time it’s not true…

I became a prey of these clowns 3 times. Perhaps, it was the same person who did it with different IPs and accounts back in the early 2015. Each time he/they used to ask, we want the points right now, if you are able to deliver this time within this much of time, we will order at least tens of times a day.

In my own personal experience, If they are wanting an order “right now” many times it’s a tactic. Especially if they are not telling you anything about the script or what they want up front. That tactic is to try to get out of paying for the full price for your services. If they want an order “right now” I’m charging them a fee to do it and on top of that fee they are paying for the listed price of my services. That usually smokes out the clowns.

If they tell you things like, hey if you “nail this” and “I’ll have all this steady future work for you” it’s a means of trying to get out of the price for the services. Promises of steady future work most of the time it’s not true…

If they are wanting an order “right now” many times it’s a tactic.

I don’t understand what you mean that it’s a tactic.

When I want to order now, it typically means I need it quickly. I have my requirements ready and want to hire the seller that is qualified & available. I’m not sure how that’s a tactic???

When I want to order now, it typically means I need it quickly. I have my requirements ready and want to hire the seller that is qualified & available. I’m not sure how that’s a tactic???

I’m not sure how that’s a tactic

I guess it’s a “tactic” if the buyer says “right now” without having purchased the ExtraFast priority delivery option…

Oh sure, I’ve dealt with lots of legitimate buyers who want it early and are upfront about it. When I get a message with no order and all they are telling me is they need this “right now”. 9 times out of 10 it’s someone trying to get out of the price. They are testing you to see how desperate you are first before they give you the script.

I’m not sure how that’s a tactic

I guess it’s a “tactic” if the buyer says “right now” without having purchased the ExtraFast priority delivery option…

If I want to buy your gig right now - then I just need to buy now. As many have stated, there is no block option.

Frankly, if I were a seller and a buyer said that to me, I’d tell them I’m not available. Demanding people are typically cheap as heck and difficult to work with.

If I want to buy your gig right now - then I just need to buy now. As many have stated, there is no block option.

Frankly, if I were a seller and a buyer said that to me, I’d tell them I’m not available. Demanding people are typically cheap as heck and difficult to work with.

absolutely Very true!

Demanding people are typically cheap as heck and difficult to work with.

Perhaps the best advice in a long time. The instant you get that request for discount, or feel that they will rush you, or whatever it is that makes your spidey-sense go off. Kick them to the curb. Every time I have a problem with a client, I can say, I knew it, but went ahead anyway.

More and more, when people give me the feeling that they will be any sort of a problem, I either say, I am too busy, or if it is a price issue, I say, there are lots of folks on fiverr who are less expensive, good luck.

Then I stop responding.

Perhaps the best advice in a long time. The instant you get that request for discount, or feel that they will rush you, or whatever it is that makes your spidey-sense go off. Kick them to the curb. Every time I have a problem with a client, I can say, I knew it, but went ahead anyway.

More and more, when people give me the feeling that they will be any sort of a problem, I either say, I am too busy, or if it is a price issue, I say, there are lots of folks on fiverr who are less expensive, good luck.

Then I stop responding.

Can you imagine going up the conter at McDonald’s and the Big Mac is 3.00 and you give them 2 dollars and say can I get it for 2? 😄 You’ve got to be the one with the leverage in the relationship. The customer is always right and being curtious is paramount but if they are the ones wanting cheaper they will want more and be willing to dictate terms and conditions. You need to be the one dictating the terms and conditions…

Can you imagine going up the conter at McDonald’s and the Big Mac is 3.00 and you give them 2 dollars and say can I get it for 2? 😄 You’ve got to be the one with the leverage in the relationship. The customer is always right and being curtious is paramount but if they are the ones wanting cheaper they will want more and be willing to dictate terms and conditions. You need to be the one dictating the terms and conditions…

The customer is always right

Go into Starbucks and demand a free coffee and let me know how that goes. 😀

I think the more experience you have on Fiverr, the more flexibility you have to turn someone down. When I was a new seller with no reviews, I took any job that came my way, especially from the people you describe. I understood the logic of “priming the pump.” Really, I was more interested in positive reviews than the money. Now that I’m Level 2, I hardly ever use that type of buyer. I always throw out the “Extra Fast Delivery” charge and it makes them go away. However, I haven’t forgotten those that bought from me when I was new. I give those people discounts to this day.

I think the more experience you have on Fiverr, the more flexibility you have to turn someone down. When I was a new seller with no reviews, I took any job that came my way, especially from the people you describe. I understood the logic of “priming the pump.” Really, I was more interested in positive reviews than the money. Now that I’m Level 2, I hardly ever use that type of buyer. I always throw out the “Extra Fast Delivery” charge and it makes them go away. However, I haven’t forgotten those that bought from me when I was new. I give those people discounts to this day.

Well said and a good strategy.

Then I stop responding.

when people give me the feeling that they will be any sort of a problem

This work gives you a highly developed spidey-sense. You feel it, down in your guts. Then if you continue on trying to talk to them that feeling spreads out until your skin crawls. You can’t ignore it, or if you do it’s at your own peril.

I guess that’s where my problem lies:disappointed_relieved:

I have 9 messages all about order but have completed just two orders ignoring most of them all because their request are probably too much now I think its time to go on with that strategy:wink:

I think yall might be a bit harsh here. I’ve been to countries where negotiations were expected. There are tons of street vendors that sell anything from clothes to watch to jewelry. Everyone seemed to negotiate, I hated it; but that’s the norm.

This is an international platform, therefore, some of the buyers may think negotiation is normal - especially if that’s how they live.

The only time I do try to reason with someone is when I am buying a car or a house. If I can get a few grand or a few hundred off, I’m gonna do it. Sometimes, I will bring in the big dogs to fight for me - a few hundred could end up being a few thousand after taxes & interest.

when people give me the feeling that they will be any sort of a problem

This work gives you a highly developed spidey-sense. You feel it, down in your guts. Then if you continue on trying to talk to them that feeling spreads out until your skin crawls. You can’t ignore it, or if you do it’s at your own peril.

By my experience so far gut feeling has always proved to be right

Archived