Fiverr Forum

Collect My Gig & I Will Collect Yours Junk

I think all these “Collect My Gig & I Will Collect Yours” posts should be removed and people warned.

A) Trying to fix the system is not cool and B) Spamming the forum with this junk is annoying.

Who agrees ?

right behind you brother…

one day here and I have already mentioned it several times.

Did this just start or has it been going on for a time?

Seems to have been going on for a while unfortunately :frowning:

I would like to contact you, if that is OK.

Sure, just drop me a message.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I personally like to keep my collections full of gigs I actually find interesting, and will someday order. :slight_smile:

blockquote>musiclover said: I personally like to keep my collections full of gigs I actually find

interesting, and will someday order.

Exactly what I do.

They are just trying to cheat the system and lets be honest fiverr, and us, are not daft…

Reply to @jeffmoses: How is that cheating the system? I don’t know about anyone else, but, my orders haven’t increased by collecting. I only did it, because, one of the top sellers encouraged this as a way to help bring in more. As I’m, currently, the sole provider & Fiverr is my main source of income, then, I’m open to different ways to promote, especially, if if it’s recommended by a top seller.

@vedmak - Very good post, thank you for commenting and you are a spot on.

I think ‘collecting’ is mostly done by folks who think it raises your rating. It doesn’t. Although your gig might be seen by the folks in the collecting thread, which is good, because most buyers on Fiverr … are Fiverr sellers. It’s true.

@crcanny: I really appreciate the good collections but the ones that are junk are really obvious. I use my collections more for my own personal reference when I find sellers that I want to remember.

Yeah up until yesterday I had only 2 collections based on two particular themes and I would have agreed with you about the collections looking abit spammy in the forum, taking it over, but then I read one of the top rated sellers advising to take people up on their offers to collect so I figured it can’t be no harm, now I created alot of collections in the last day but I’m trying to keep them relevant and have themes. I think its a good, to see what other people are offering, I actually bought my first gig today from another seller who I found through collecting yesterday. I don’t think it helps with ratings but I’m using it as away of getting to know what other sellers offer. I assume Fiverr / customer support are okay with all those Collection swaps, be good if they came out officially and set the record straight, that they don’t help with ratings, because at the moment its turning into a sort of chain mail affect.

@vedmak taking your advice and I’ve just joined LinkedIn.

Agree that the collections when used in the way they were meant to be are a good idea.

Spamming the forum is not :wink:

Unfortunately, people generally like to waste their time - and if they can fiddle around holding onto the ‘idea’ that they are actually doing something to promote their business all the better.

I personally like to keep my collections full of gigs I actually find interesting, and will someday order. :slight_smile: