Collecting Jobs Outside Fiverr.......Is The Risk Worth Taking?

jennifer_cork

This is like my 18th day or so at Fiverr and I have had several of my clients asking me to do a job for them outside the system. This is not usually stated categorically but with the giving of contacts. The question bogging my mind is this…should I lose this seasoned and well paying clients by reporting them or ride with the cloud? For all I know it could be one of the fiverr staff posing as a client.

Personally, am fine with the $1 that fiverr is collecting. As long as I continue to make daily sales am good. But what if some of these persons decide to go away if such personal attention is not given. Is there someone out here with similar challenge?

I really need some thoughts here so as not to go against the terms or offend my clients.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Fiverr’s terms of service you are not allowed to contact people outside of fiverr I think, I had such a request of my email address and I simply stated “However much I’d love to work with you outside of fiver unfortunately I can’t because It’s against Fiverr’s TOS.” That way you are staying friendly but have a good reason not to.

I think we’ve all had it.

Personally? It’s not worth the risk because even if you get away with it a few times sooner or later you’ll get caught.

(I believe that Fiverr sends ‘Secret Shoppers’ that check quality and see if people will actually respond to such questions.). Maybe they don’t but I don’t want to be “That Guy” who get’s nailed. LOL

Anyhow. The right thing to do, as @originalh says is to simply decline their “Very tempting offer” saying that if you get caught, or even suspected that you’ll loose your Fiverr account. But make sure to add that you’d be more than happy to continue to work for them on Fiverr. Maybe offer a special deal for them and give them 3 gigs for purchasing 2… or something like that.

@originalh and bigbadbilly : Thanks so much fellow fiverrs! You wont know how much these anwers have helped. I cant imagine getting my account blocked; no matter how tempting the offer is. This seals it. Ofeten times, we like hearing opinions to be sure we are no off track.

Just as you refered, the shoppers could be CORE part of the system.

Thanks again friends.

@originalh and bigbadbilly : Thanks so much fellow fiverrs! You wont know how much these anwers have helped. I cant imagine getting my account blocked; no matter how tempting the offer is. This seals it. Ofeten times, we like hearing opinions to be sure we are no off track.

Thanks again friends.

Thanks again friends.

Thanks again friends.

Thanks again friends.

Not worth it. Don’t do it. Fiverr provides several opportunities for you to increase the return on your gig. The user can purchase multiple units of your gig or extras. No need to go elsewhere. Have you thought of why the buyer doesn’t want to go through Fiverr? If you take jobs outside Fiverr, what’s the guarentee you will get paid? What happens when there’s no super awesome Fiverr support team to turn to?

Fiverr means stability and getting paid. Don’t risk it.

Kim

Not worth it. Don’t do it. Fiverr provides several opportunities for you to increase the return on your gig. The user can purchase multiple units of your gig or extras. No need to go elsewhere. Have you thought of why the buyer doesn’t want to go through Fiverr? If you take jobs outside Fiverr, what’s the guarentee you will get paid? What happens when there’s no super awesome Fiverr support team to turn to?

Kim

Kim

Kim

Kim

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

I would have to say this much. 98% of my clientele is Fiverr. I don’t refer people away from Fiverr and I even upsell if they want to purchase more services. The majority of my customers are either repeat buyers, friends of previous customers, or people who heard about me. Just offer your buyers more on Fiverr, don’t refer them away from it.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

I would have to say this much. 98% of my clientele is Fiverr. I don’t refer people away from Fiverr and I even upsell if they want to purchase more services. The majority of my customers are either repeat buyers, friends of previous customers, or people who heard about me. Just offer your buyers more on Fiverr, don’t refer them away from it.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

Yes exactly. Fiverr is thriving more and more each day. The more media exposure and the more people who get referred to it the better.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

Yes exactly. Fiverr is thriving more and more each day. The more media exposure and the more people who get referred to it the better.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

@kim_talented : Yes, you are right. Fiverr does provide opportunities for multiple gigs and even if there is a guarantee of getting paid and getting away with it, I would NEVER do it; not after all the advice. I turned down another buyer a couple of hours back. I was polite but I didnt get to hear from the buyer again…no probs. I am cool with it!

Thanks dear.

@kim_talented : Yes, you are right. Fiverr does provide opportunities for multiple gigs and even if there is a guarantee of getting paid and getting away with it, I would NEVER do it; not after all the advice. I turned down another buyer a couple of hours back. I was polite but I didnt get to hear from the buyer again…no probs. I am cool with it!

Thanks dear.

Archived