Coming back after a long break

nathanreul

Hello everyone!

My name’s Nathan, and i started selling on Fiverr about 3 years ago, having various gigs to attract buyers. My most succesful one was definetly my “Create you a custom discord bot” gig.

Link:
https://www.fiverr.com/nathanreul/create-you-a-discord-bot

I stopped using Fiverr about a year ago because I got a fulltime job. I recently got a new job with less hours and i’d like to spend some more time on Fiverr jobs, however, I turned my gig back on 2 days ago, and i’ve barely seen any trafic. I used to easily get about ~200 impressions a day, with about one order every 2 days. I put my gig back online 2 days ago, and i’ve gotten 12 impressions in that time.

What happened? Is the problem with my gig? Do i need to change anything? Is the problem with Fiverr? I’m not sure what to do to get my gig running again. Any suggestions are more than welcome!

Thanks!

Hi, you haven’t been active on fiverr for a long time. In the meantime, covid-19 happened and a lot of new accounts were made in each category, which led you as an old freelancer to have competition. And it is very possible that they surpassed you with 5 * and with reviews. Which led to them having daily orders, and your gig got lost. I hope that helps!

I’ve been selling on Fiverr for nearly 8 years now. About 4 years ago I made the decision to make Fiverr a part-time income only. There were several reasons why - but the old saying “don’t put all your eggs in one basket” was the main one.

As a result I paused my two voice over gigs (one of which had over 200 five star reviews) - and decided to focus on proofreading only. Fast forward to this year, and due to the current financial climate, I felt the need to reactivate my paused gigs.

However, despite my gigs having been ‘unpaused’ for nearly three months now the impressions are minimal and the clicks nearly non-existent. As it happens, I’ve put one of the two gigs back on hold as my workload elsewhere is picking up a bit.

I don’t know whether Fiverr don’t like older gigs returning or whether it’s something else - all I know is that my old gigs aren’t / weren’t performing since returning. I’ve had no messages or orders from them in three months - whereas three years ago I was getting orders from these gigs on a daily basis.

Based on my experience, you might want to try creating a new gig - so long as you can make it different enough from your existing one in order to please the Fiverr gods.

Archived