>> Common Mistake on Fiverr by New Sellers <<

hamna931

When a new user or a user who is not getting any orders and sending messages to several well experienced sellers to get some work, i would say that approach is totally wrong.

Usually newbies are sending spam messages to every experienced seller or sending custom orders directly for getting the work without knowing the fact that the receiver is also a seller just like them.

In this way no one will ever give you work and it is called SPAMMING in Fiverr system and due to this you could get banned by Fiverr if someone has reported against you.

Now the HOTTEST question is “How WE can Get the Orders” ?
And I would say that to First update your gigs upto some standards. And you might be curious what are those standards? So here is the list below:

1: Well researched and well written gig title, seo based title, relevant tags, description and selection of the keywords that you are going to select for your gig matters alot.

2: The images that you are going to select for the GIG must be of “High Quality” and should not be taken by searching from Google and you must not violate copyright in this step. Fiverr takes very serious action about copyright issues.

3: You need to showcase some original and best quality work in the gig as portfolio samples.

4: You must have to select realistic and best possible affordable gig packages based on the market prices which can be checked by looking under the same category gigs. Buyers should see a real value for the money they are going to spend on your gig. And show them why they should select you over other experienced sellers. You must have something unique in offering which will help you standout from the competition.

5: Regularly keep an eye on the views, impressions and clicks of the gig. If your impressions and views are not increasing and keep going down, there must be something wrong with your gig description, seo title, tags and keywords that you have used in your Gig. Try to update them and better optimize them according to best searched keywords in your category.

Please try to think from the perspective of a buyer. Like if he is going to purchase your gig or not and why would he purchase your Gig than others. Buyers who spend even a single dollar need some quality output and you have to prove that your service is their need.

By every passing day lot of new people are joining Fiverr. So, you can definitely see competition is increasing for each and every service on Fiverr and you have to compete with some unique approach.

Selling something online is not that easy, but I believe if you properly spend some time on thinking best possible strategies and setup your services with some quality checks, surely you will get the orders.

• 1 month later...

Absolutely agree. I’d like to add, as a new seller it’s superhard, so I’d drive traffic from an outside source too, like facebook, previous clinets somewhere else. Fiverr algorythm is picking up when you have sales. A good tactis is to offer way more than the average in your nieche, until you get established.
Yes, it’s a lot of work, but pay out in the end! 

• 2 months later...
On 5/8/2018 at 6:11 PM, hamna931 said:

5: Regularly keep an eye on the views, impressions and clicks of the gig. If your impressions and views are not increasing and keep going down, there must be something wrong with your gig description, seo title, tags and keywords that you have used in your Gig. 

I do not agree with this. These things will always go up and down without any reason at all. I don’t even look at them usually. You cannot control these at all. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the information. I have used fiverr in the past but, one of my gigs attracted a predator and I to delete my account due to him finding all my personal information.
This is a PSA to stay safe on here and keep all your real name and information private.

This is a PSA to stay safe on here and keep all your real name and information private.

That isn’t a PSA - it is part of the TOS - ie the rules of being on fiverr, which are to keep sellers safe.

I understand you’ve had a bad experience with a buyer, which is awful, but your buyer didn’t “find” all your personal information - as per your other thread, you gave it to him.

Please DO NOT give out personal information in any circumstances. 

images are quite sensitive I think. But how to create images that will turn the gigs into offers ?

On 5/21/2018 at 4:48 AM, misscrystal said:

I do not agree with this. These things will always go up and down without any reason at all. I don’t even look at them usually. You cannot control these at all.

I think if we fail to improve our daily activities our impressions, click will start falling. so better work hard for that

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am a new seller here. This article will guide me to avoid mistakes. I appreciate hamna931 for taking the time to help out new sellers with her article. Cheers.

Thank you, very nice points.

But I will like to add, I think with time, the tricks always change, also keeping pace with the demand of the customers in the market, gig descriptions, tags and approach should be maintained.

Thank you, very nice points.

But I will like to add, I think with time, the tricks always change, also keeping pace with the demand of the customers in the market, gig descriptions, tags and approach should be maintained.

Arafat Jamil, your post proves you are very aware of market trend. We will be glad to learn from you about the Freelancing market place and it’s changes from time to time. Cheers.

Arafat Jamil, your post proves you are very aware of market trend. We will be glad to learn from you about the Freelancing market place and it’s changes from time to time. Cheers.

@zonaed_hasan

I am thinking to create a topic about making gig on fiverr and the research needed to make it, learning a few things on the move.

Wish me luck.

@zonaed_hasan

I am thinking to create a topic about making gig on fiverr and the research needed to make it, learning a few things on the move.

Wish me luck.

Arafat,

It is nice to know that you will write how to make gigs in Fiverr which will be great for new sellers like me. I wish best of luck for you for your good intention. Cheers.

Hasan

I agree, it’s not professional way to hunt orders, but if it works for someone, he/she must take advantage of it. I would suggest to think as orders hunter rather than money when you are new to the platform. There are many strategies out there to get the first order with many more to come.

• 4 weeks later...

It is really important to be transparent. Be you, and write the truth about what you have done in the past. It will eventually be more valuable for you as you will only have to do things you are good at, which results in better output and more credibility. Plus the chances of a buyer recommending you to others 🙂 

Really helpful stuff, thanks for sharing your opinion. Some categories particularly have much more competition than others so its not easy to make your first sale here. I believe patience and constant natural promotion is the key here.

• 4 weeks later...

Everyone is asking now a days that why we do not get orders and for this reason they often talk trash about experienced sellers on Fiverr by reaching out to them via inbox directly because they think seniors failed to tell them the secret recipe.

Well, there isn’t any secret to tell. The first and important thing you should ask yourself after creating the gig is: does my gig offer value for the money with high quality of work as compared to others who are getting the orders?

Now that is the tricky part, we all say YES to that question in our hearts because we do not want to realize our mistakes or inability to deliver the great and high quality work.

You have to be very honest with yourself and identify the mistakes and know where you lack in order to compete with others.

There is no shortcut or any harry potter like magic wand for success. Only key to success is what you do professionally on that platform and be consistent.

Archived