Communicate outside and get payment through Fiverr is violation TOS?

m4hmud

Hey guyz,

I have encountered something new today. Someone impress by my portfolio and interested to work with me. After finish initial discussion he want me to meet his team and hire me as a regular team member if everything goes well. For communicate with his team asking me a alternative communication way but he wants to pay through Fiverr. And also tell me, he really respect Fiverr’s TOS. I politely decline his offer.

Did anyone ever get offer like this? If yes, what did you do? If not, what should to do?

NOTE: The buyer was “Top Buyer”

Thanks!

Screenshot_1.png.ac3cae7492bed51e8541bd58a5eb82fc.png

OP topic has two questions.

1. Is communication outside of Fiverr ToS violation?

ToS Quote:

• To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, ■■■■■/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

• Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.

• Fiverr does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the Fiverr platform.

In your case it depends on what communication would need to be exchanged, on what purpose and why outside of Fiverr.

You may want to contact CS, explain your case and ask for approval. Should they approve it, you are good to go. This is the safest way.

1. Is payment through Fiverr platform ToS violation?

You probably know the answer. Yes, this is the only option on Fiverr platform.

OP topic has two questions.

1. Is communication outside of Fiverr ToS violation?

ToS Quote:

• To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, ■■■■■/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

• Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.

• Fiverr does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the Fiverr platform.

In your case it depends on what communication would need to be exchanged, on what purpose and why outside of Fiverr.

You may want to contact CS, explain your case and ask for approval. Should they approve it, you are good to go. This is the safest way.

1. Is payment through Fiverr platform ToS violation?

You probably know the answer. Yes, this is the only option on Fiverr platform.

I think about contact CS but recently they response too lately I thought it would be good if post in forum. Thank you for your valuable comment.

Client leave his contact later and ask me to contact if I change my mind. I didn’t reply yet. I’m thinking of not to work with like this situation.

Thank you!

I think about contact CS but recently they response too lately I thought it would be good if post in forum. Thank you for your valuable comment.

Client leave his contact later and ask me to contact if I change my mind. I didn’t reply yet. I’m thinking of not to work with like this situation.

Thank you!

Don’t work with someone who asks you to violate the ToS even if they agree to order it via Fiverr.

Avoid communication outside fiverr chat as this violates ToS, this might get you scammed or worse, get banned from the platform, the best action is to block them and report to CS

just sharing 🙂

Taking your advise. Thank you very much!!

Archived