Communication with buyer

miraz6976

If the buyer has paid for the order then, complete the work and submit that before delivery time.

If the buyer didn’t respond even after 3 days of submission then you will get the money for your work.

I think you shouldn’t cancel that order.

Guest offlinehelpers

If the buyer has paid for the order then, complete the work and submit that before delivery time.

If the buyer didn’t respond even after 3 days of submission then you will get the money for your work.

I think you shouldn’t cancel that order.

OP (the seller) cannot complete the order without the information needed, therefore the order cannot be submitted before the delivery time.

With no information to work with, there is little choice but to cancel the order.

OP (the seller) cannot complete the order without the information needed, therefore the order cannot be submitted before the delivery time.

With no information to work with, there is little choice but to cancel the order.

Then seller should add necessary requirements in gig as mandatory. So that, a buyer cannot make a order without requirement.

Eg. If the gig is about proofreading then seller should ask for file in requirements.

And after that seller won’t have to wait for the buyer if they aren’t responding and they can continue the work.

Guest offlinehelpers

Then seller should add necessary requirements in gig as mandatory. So that, a buyer cannot make a order without requirement.

Eg. If the gig is about proofreading then seller should ask for file in requirements.

And after that seller won’t have to wait for the buyer if they aren’t responding and they can continue the work.

Agreed! But as OP doesn’t appear to have mandatory requirements setup on their gig, they still need to mutually cancel the order.

But certainly a good idea for the future! 🙂

Agreed! But as OP doesn’t appear to have mandatory requirements setup on their gig, they still need to mutually cancel the order.

But certainly a good idea for the future! 🙂

This happened with my just 5 days ago. Buyer order a gig when I was sleeping and I have to deliver that within 24 hours. And our time zones differ by 12 hours. If I didn’t added that requirement then he might didn’t sent me the file and that would result in late delivery.

But everything goes right and I completed the order without a single message with him.

Guest offlinehelpers

Thank you guys give me good advice

Happy to help - hope it all works out for you! 🙂

First of all, relax. Your buyer might also be a person who is new to Fiverr. Or they might have went away for a while. Or maybe a day or two. Or over a week, who knows? Maybe He/she is having a hard time to getting started with the platform. If you ask the buyer and tell him that you’ve placed the order without contacting you, or maybe ask the person to get in touch when he comes online, if should all be fine. Give the buyer a little guidance. Use the inbox. Don’t just watch things happen and read notifications all along. After all just like you, the person on the other end is also human. Communicate your situation to him.

And then the buyer writes that they will send you the information soon, and starts the order…

And then the buyer writes that they will send you the information soon, and starts the order…

The seller can ask in requirements to attach a file. Then buyer has to attach the file to place a order.

The seller can ask in requirements to attach a file. Then buyer has to attach the file to place a order.

True, but files sometimes don’t go through, or disappear; sometimes buyer sends the wrong file, or a file with incomplete information.

True, but files sometimes don’t go through, or disappear; sometimes buyer sends the wrong file, or a file with incomplete information.

Then there is no option other than cancellation.

Archived