Moderators help ensure the success of your community by monitoring user activity and flagged items. This forum would not be what it is without active volunteers helping monitor and moderate conversations that happen here.
Over the last few years, there have been some amazing moderators who have, and continue to volunteer their time to help ensure that this community stays on task and conversations here are helpful and civil.
And it’s time we add more people to help us take this community to the next level. I’d love to be able to put together a moderation coalition of many sellers (and buyers) who represent many categories, countries, time zones and view points as this represents Fiverr as a whole.
While the platform (Discourse) has a lot of “self moderating” features built into it already, some human contact is always a good thing. Community members have been able to flag and report improper posts and comments. As well as the built in level system that have limits on posting.
Would you be a good fit to be a moderator?
- You are active on the forum and have civil, helpful comments & posts.
- You are an active Fiverr Seller or Buyer and have an account in good standing with Fiverr.
- The tone of your posts are personable, helpful and welcoming.
- You’re able to jump in and commit to moderating 10-15 min blocks, at least 3-4 days per week.
- Helping out & grow the community. The rising tide lifts all boats.
- “Direct” access to employees at fiverr via a Community Slack Channel.
- Exposure (I hate listing this as a benefit to freelancers, but it’s true)
- Sometimes swag & gifts (when I can get budget for it)
- You get to join a community of moderators!
- PHENOMENAL COSMIC (forum) POWERS!
The application form is pretty simple. Keep in mind that we do have access to all your posts & selling history, so we will be vetting each application for both selling habits and Forum activity.
I’ll keep this open until June 1st. Good luck to everyone who applies and I hope to see many applications. Feel free to check out the Community Standards & Forum Rules - 2020 if you have questions about WHAT is moderated and if you have any questions, please post below.