Complete guide to select the best seller!

As a Level 2 seller, I think I can share my experience which can help the upcoming new Fiverr users to get their job done in seamless and smooth manner.
First of all search for the service you are looking for using Fiverr search bar. Or if you want the sellers to come to you then you can post a request in " Post a request" section. Then you can select the best option from a set of available offers. But I recommend that you search yourself so you can compare packages and get the best out of it.
After you select a seller, don’t place the order directly. First contact the seller to discuss the project with him thoroughly. It will give you an idea that whether the seller is capable of communicating well or not.
Once everything is finalized, you can place the order by any gig package or by asking a custom offer from the seller end.
After you get your project delivered, you can ask for revisions if the seller has provided you with revisions.
Things you should avoid is providing personal contact info like WhatsApp or Facebook, or even email. But you can provide these details if they are necessary for the project, not by the intent of contacting the seller outside of Fiverr.
Provide as many details as you can as instructions as it avoids any confusion and improves ETA.
Once you mark the order as completed, take some time and appreciate the seller efforts by giving a rating as it helps us grow our business.
If you need to ask anything about the project later on, the you can contact the seller in the inbox.
This way the process will be smooth and you will get you exactly want.
I hope it will help.
Cheers.

On 3/24/2019 at 9:11 AM, mubashirali679 said:

But you can provide these details if they are necessary for the project, not by the intent of contacting the seller outside of Fiverr.

Is this valid on fiverr?

I have lost buyers just because I couldnt understand what they wrote and I wished I could hear them explain their requests. 

But you can provide these details if they are necessary for the project, not by the intent of contacting the seller outside of Fiverr.

Is this valid on fiverr?

I have lost buyers just because I couldnt understand what they wrote and I wished I could hear them explain their requests.

Yes, it is allowed if it is necessary for the project. Like if I am designing a business card then these details are important.

“Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page.”

The above is taken from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Ok. But do I do if I can’t understand a buyer’s request over chat?

Ok. But do I do if I can’t understand a buyer’s request over chat?

do I do if I can’t understand a buyer’s request over chat?

No. If you can’t understand what a buyer wants using text in Fiverr’s messaging system, you probably don’t want to work with them anyway. 😉

do I do if I can’t understand a buyer’s request over chat?

No. If you can’t understand what a buyer wants using text in Fiverr’s messaging system, you probably don’t want to work with them anyway. 😉

Most cant express themselves in words.

• 2 weeks later...

Most cant express themselves in words.

Then don’t work with them. Honestly, I know cancelling affects your ratings, but it’s not worth doing when you think of the time you have to spend breaking communications barriers and the time it would take for you to discuss something on ■■■■■ or wherever else you would do that. Plus, with people who have such poor writing skills, they may inadvertently ask you to do something when really they want the opposite. It gets very messy dealing with those kinds of sellers.

Also, take a closer look at your requirement questions and gig text. Certain narratives tend to attract people with poor English or poor communication skills.

• 1 month later...

Let me revise this…

1. Look for the service you are needing.
  2. You can look at a sellers response rate, reviews, etc. Their profile can tell you a lot about them. You don’t have to bother them with messages before ordering if what you need is straight forward to the gig. If you have an order that is not exactly what the gig is, than message them with the specifics for a custom order. If you have a order that is going to require a lot of communication, message them to see if they can communicate well with you.
  3. If you are not happy with your order, you can ask for revisions. Be clear with those.
  4. Don’t communicate with a seller outside of fiverr unless it is absolutely necessary.
  5. If your seller did a good job for you - - TIP THEM!!! 🙂 

Archived