Conference Call with Buyer

mazzyverses

Are we allowed to do a conference call with the buyer. There are services like freeconferencall where you

Dial-in Number and Access Code for immediate conferencing.

Here’s why. I get an order like last night. One sentence is submitted to me and from that I need to create a business name and slogan. Not happening, so I write back with questions, wait, get a reply, from that I write with further questions, wait wait…get a reply and so forth. Much time is lost.

If I were able to hop on a call with the buyer, 20-30 minutes, have all the info I need…done!

As a buyer myself this weekend, seller needed more info from me to do a project…2 days later via chat box, as opposed to 20 minutes if we were on a call.

Fiverr never allows to communicate out of this platform. When we register here, we accept Fiverr rules and we have to read and accept ToS. If you will share contact information, you can get warning - be very careful with it

Fiverr never allows to communicate out of this platform. When we register here, we accept Fiverr rules and we have to read and accept ToS. If you will share contact information, you can get warning - be very careful with it

I understand. I did read that when necessary it was okay to send an email. Which I actually did last week when I purchased a gig to have a song remastered. Actually being able to speak with a buyer/seller would make the process faster and more efficient in some cases.

Maybe a next step in expansion for Fiverr is partnering and incorporating a live voice/chat technology tool?

I understand. I did read that when necessary it was okay to send an email. Which I actually did last week when I purchased a gig to have a song remastered. Actually being able to speak with a buyer/seller would make the process faster and more efficient in some cases.

Maybe a next step in expansion for Fiverr is partnering and incorporating a live voice/chat technology tool?

Maybe someday Fiverr will add this options, but for now, we have to work with what we already have and to adapt to this platform - You get used to it pretty quickly. Also, when you communicate only with text, everything is here, you can open any part of your conversation anytime - sometimes it is very good to be able to have a look at what you wrote few days or weeks ago 😀

I doubt this will happen, because the in-order communication that already exists is more than suitable for buyer-seller communication. It is already live and in real-time.

The Buyers and Sellers can record their videos of requirement and send it to each other through Fiverr messaging system

This can be more efficient than the chat

Which I actually did last week when I purchased a gig to have a song remastered.

It is not necessary to contact someone via email to have your song remastered. It might be more convenient for you, but it is against ToS unless the seller has gotten permission from CS to conduct business that way (which is probably unlikely).

Please familiarize yourself fully with the Terms of Service and the Community Standards before you get a warning.

Also, please see this recent thread where the voice calling option was discussed:

So, I would like to ask my fellow sellers, would they like it seeing a calling option (both video and normal calls) apart from fiverr chat to communicate with their customers. According to me, chats are less engaging (however, everyone has their own perspective of seeing things), if me and my client decide mutually, that we can have a quick call instead of chatting which will save time too (Personally, I don’t like writing long texts to clients explaining them how my process works)It is easie…

The Buyers and Sellers can record their videos of requirement and send it to each other through Fiverr messaging system

This can be more efficient than the chat

As I get deeper into the details needed to hone in on the ideal finished product , I am needing to go back with follow up questions. So there would still have to be back and forth , time consuming. Where as a live call option, I could immediatley ask the follow up questions then get to the task quicker.

Which I actually did last week when I purchased a gig to have a song remastered.

It is not necessary to contact someone via email to have your song remastered. It might be more convenient for you, but it is against ToS unless the seller has gotten permission from CS to conduct business that way (which is probably unlikely).

Please familiarize yourself fully with the Terms of Service and the Community Standards before you get a warning.

Also, please see this recent thread where the voice calling option was discussed:

So, I would like to ask my fellow sellers, would they like it seeing a calling option (both video and normal calls) apart from fiverr chat to communicate with their customers. According to me, chats are less engaging (however, everyone has their own perspective of seeing things), if me and my client decide mutually, that we can have a quick call instead of chatting which will save time too (Personally, I don’t like writing long texts to clients explaining them how my process works)It is easie…

When I was chatting a message came up and said email if was necessary for the project which it was in this case. I had my music stored in an email and forwarded it, but thank you for the concern.

When I was chatting a message came up and said email if was necessary for the project which it was in this case. I had my music stored in an email and forwarded it, but thank you for the concern.

You can attach your music file directly on the Fiverr order page, so there is no reason to use email.

I guess implementing a call function to fiverr won’t be that simple. If one day they add this option, in my opinion only sellers will have to be able to call the clients after booking a call (or by a confirmation of a booked call by both side), otherwise clients will abuse with that function and they’ll be able to call me 24/7 adding more stress to my day.

Asking for email if necessary doesn’t meant to forward projects through the email. You won’t be covered by the security of fiverr in terms of delivery of a project. Let’s say you send your project through email. The client can cancel your order and keep your project since you didn’t deliver it through the platform which adds Watermarks etc.

My job requires to ask the email of my clients but only because I need to have the credentials of the Hosting Server account to do all the settings required. This means “Use email only if necessary”

I guess implementing a call function to fiverr won’t be that simple. If one day they add this option, in my opinion only sellers will have to be able to call the clients after booking a call (or by a confirmation of a booked call by both side), otherwise clients will abuse with that function and they’ll be able to call me 24/7 adding more stress to my day.

If Fiverr partnered with let’s say freeconferencecall then there is a number and password through that service and they would not be able to call you persay 24/7. It’s like when a company schedules a live earnings call for investors/brokers and there is a one time number for all to call in on.

Asking for email if necessary doesn’t meant to forward projects through the email. You won’t be covered by the security of fiverr in terms of delivery of a project. Let’s say you send your project through email. The client can cancel your order and keep your project since you didn’t deliver it through the platform which adds Watermarks etc.

My job requires to ask the email of my clients but only because I need to have the credentials of the Hosting Server account to do all the settings required. This means “Use email only if necessary”

I was the client in this case. I wasnt delivering a project, I was paying for one.

I doubt this will happen, because the in-order communication that already exists is more than suitable for buyer-seller communication. It is already live and in real-time.

I get that Jon, but when you have a task that you have as little as one day to compete, why not be able to gather all the info needed in as little as 20 minutes. As opposed to receiving the instruction file, follow up with a question. Wait to hear a reply, follow up with another question. Buyer has already signed off, went to lunch, etc, see your question 2-3 hours later then responds. Another follow up question, another few hours pass and half the day is gone. It’s not for all services I understand, but for some projects it just makes it more efficient. At least thats my experience and I may not be the norm, which would not surprise me!

If Fiverr partnered with let’s say freeconferencecall then there is a number and password through that service and they would not be able to call you persay 24/7. It’s like when a company schedules a live earnings call for investors/brokers and there is a one time number for all to call in on.

I didn’t know anything about that platform. Thank you for sharing this, it would be really helpful. I may give it a look for my clients I gain out of fiverr.

I get that Jon, but when you have a task that you have as little as one day to compete, why not be able to gather all the info needed in as little as 20 minutes. As opposed to receiving the instruction file, follow up with a question. Wait to hear a reply, follow up with another question. Buyer has already signed off, went to lunch, etc, see your question 2-3 hours later then responds. Another follow up question, another few hours pass and half the day is gone. It’s not for all services I understand, but for some projects it just makes it more efficient. At least thats my experience and I may not be the norm, which would not surprise me!

when you have a task that you have as little as one day to compete, why not be able to gather all the info needed in as little as 20 minutes. As opposed to receiving the instruction file, follow up with a question. Wait to hear a reply, follow up with another question.

If you need time to gather more information, why not set a longer order delivery time on your gig? It always baffles me why so many sellers think they have to offer their services in only 24 hours.

Wait to hear a reply, follow up with another question. Buyer has already signed off, went to lunch, etc, see your question 2-3 hours later then responds. Another follow up question, another few hours pass and half the day is gone.

You can already see when a buyer is responding in the messaging system. It’s already a live system. A different live system seems extraneous. Buyers have lives and time restrictions as well. The current system allows for back and forth communication – as time allows. Like I said, if your service requires more of a back and forth level of communication, give your services more time for communication. There is no need to rush services and communication just to get everything done in under 24 hours. As an example, my standard delivery is seven days, and that seems to work just fine for my process, and for the clients who hire me.

Set your gigs to allow time to manage them effectively. There is no need to rush. Buyers would rather have a seller take the time to produce full, complete, quality work, rather than do a rush job in order to beat a 1-day deadline.

As I get deeper into the details needed to hone in on the ideal finished product , I am needing to go back with follow up questions. So there would still have to be back and forth , time consuming. Where as a live call option, I could immediatley ask the follow up questions then get to the task quicker.

Doing this by voice is not at all faster. It’s actually very inefficient.

You can easily do this by Fiverr chat.

Archived