Fiverr Forum

Confirmed order with good review refunded/canceled after 3 weeks, buyer closes account

I completed an order a few weeks ago. I provided a $90 service. The buyer was happy and left a good review. I receive an email saying the buyer opened a dispute and canceled the order today causing my fiverr account to go into the negatives. I am so upset because the buyer lied even though there is proof of the service I provided and that my service was submitted on time. Plus they left a good review and I am wondering why this was still allowed? Also wondering is money that I am making on fiverr going to simply cover this negative or are they going to attempt to make my paypal account go negative to?

I am upset the buyer closed their account as well so they received a service from me for free and my account is negative now. This is the first time I have had a bad experience with fiverr since I have been making money on it.

I am upset the buyer closed their account as well so they received a service from me for free and my account is negative now.

Sounds like you’re the victim of a PayPal chargeback. That would explain why the buyer’s account is no longer active.

Also wondering is money that I am making on fiverr going to simply cover this negative or are they going to attempt to make my paypal account go negative to?

You’ll be able to pay off the negative balance using your earnings. Fiverr won’t chase you hard in order to recover the money.

If you haven’t done so already, it’s worth chatting to Support about what happened. Sometimes, they reimburse sellers.

Yeah… I did send in a complaint to support with the order number and screenshots of everything I sent the buyer. So hopefully they’ll review it and see that there was an issue with this. I wish they would protect sellers a bit more or review disputes submitted from buyers if stuff like this happens often.

I agree. Chargebacks are a real issue and have been for quite some time.

I hope Support gets back to you soon with good news. :crossed_fingers:

Thank you! I appreciate you. I hope I’ll be hearing some good news soon too.

Contact CS, I’ve had this problem several times and the money went back to me. As for the conpletion rate, yeah, that’s the ugly part because it drops down without your fault.

Hope you sort this one out.