Confused about an error I got when trying to create a gig?

lac668

Hi, I’m trying to create a gig and whenever I try to save it I get this message:

Order requirement may not contain an offer for direct communication. Reminder: Communicating with other users outside of Fiverr is not permitted. See our Terms of Service for more info.

I’m confused about this because I look at other sellers’ gigs, particularly sellers that are typing papers for those who don’t have the time, and their descriptions mention to email or send them copies. I looked on the Terms of Service and it says that “Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details (Other than your name) is not permitted.” Could someone please explain this to me?

Guest scriptwizard

I think they were referring to message them through Fiverr (using the word email by mistake). You cannot give your personal contact details in here or sell/buy directly outside of this Fiverr platform. Fiverr also are real strict about anyone using certain urls et cetera (especially if they lead to a means to extract details from Fiverr members (with a view to contact them directly).

Guest scriptwizard

I think they were referring to message them through Fiverr (using the word email by mistake). You cannot give your personal contact details in here or sell/buy directly outside of this Fiverr platform. Fiverr also are real strict about anyone using certain urls et cetera (especially if they lead to a means to extract details from Fiverr members (with a view to contact them directly).

Reply to @vedmak: Actually, I got a different answer from Customer Support this week, I see a lot of s***e mentioned in Gig descriptions and wondered why we cannot s***e our contact info, but we can add it to a gig. If I heard Julia correctly, she said that we can use s***e in our gigs, but cannot reveal any other personal information. You cannot, however, tell someone to s***e you in a Fiverr area.

This is certainly a confusing gray area, but this is what I was told by CS.

Bruce

Reply to @vedmak: Actually, I got a different answer from Customer Support this week, I see a lot of s***e mentioned in Gig descriptions and wondered why we cannot s***e our contact info, but we can add it to a gig. If I heard Julia correctly, she said that we can use s***e in our gigs, but cannot reveal any other personal information. You cannot, however, tell someone to s***e you in a Fiverr area.

This is certainly a confusing gray area, but this is what I was told by CS.

Bruce

Archived