Confused About How to Request a Gig

creativeauthor

Is the only way to request a gig to post your request in the green box to the right of the site where it says “I’m looking for someone who will:”? I have a detailed request I’d like done and I don’t have enough space to say everything I need done. Can I request my gig here in the forums or is that the only way? Thanks! (& sorry I’m new!)

I posted a “request a gig” about a month ago and got 2 responses. Neither were really offering what I needed, though. Eventually found a gig listing that was perfect, and bought that instead.

Someone now on V2 mentioned that the “Request a Gig” section on V2 is larger and better - so you’ll get to see that fairly soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This new ‘Request a Gig’ has gotten worse. There is no room to actually provide particulars to get a precise price for the ‘Gig(s)’ - I have posted 3 which I have 2 use abbreviations on evry wrd I can jst 2 fit in wat needs 2 b said!

FIVERR STAFF: Please expand this to an actual page, it saves getting 25 replies from people who are incapable/not skilled enough, or just answer 'cos the details are so limited they think the GIG is - which could be the case, but for those of us with more than a basic: I need a Logo for (eg. webfree.be ) & needs 2 hav sumthng 2 do w/ the title (BG colour of Header is dark purple, other colours used are orange, light grey, lighter purple on the sites theme) - See nothing, and it is important would fit in last (…)

(although this can be given later, this is just an example - especially when coding is involved MORE ROOM than ONLY 120 chars is DEFINATELY NEEDED!) IMHO (and many other’s it seems.

AM I MISSING SOMETHING? IS JUST FOR THE “Heading Part” of the GIG REQUEST & There is Another Section to Finish it Off (or maybe this is just how it would be ideally)???

FIVERR DEVELOPERS, Please get on this guys. As far as I can see V2 didn’t fix anything. Let’s see a FULL PAGE v3 soon-ish??

Thanks for reading Fiverr members (Buyers/Sellers) & FIVERR Staff…

Regards,

-jayism

@Code_Collective [Project Manager Community-Sourced Collective]

In the same boat. 120 characters is completely useless to describe a gig. It’s bad enough that 99% of sellers barely understand English anyway. Posted a request for 5-10 keywords describing photos I have for sale on a print on demand site and got 50 offers for anything but what I asked for. One person, supposedly an English speaking American, seemed that she had an idea of what I needed but it turned out to be a complete waste of time. I gave her one image of some vine tomatoes as a test and said one of the target customers was someone decorating a kitchen and she sends me “kitchen cabinets” “white kitchen” 'kitchen appliances" “kitchen flooring” etc.

Archived