Confused on "Request A Gig"

I have tried using Request a Gig many time, but can’t say I have been at all successful.

Let me explain.

Every time, I use Request a Gig and it gets approved and posted, I usually get 6, 8 or even 20 responses from sellers.

My issue is that they never seem to know what they are responding to. First of all every single response is the same.

example:

Hi, I’m . I’ve been a seller on Fiverr for over 1 year and I’d love to do this work for you. I have a 99% positive rating. Check out some samples of my work here.

Every single one looks the same. They never have anything to do with what you are requesting and when you Contact Seller - they never know why you are contacting them. I have wasted many many hours trying to go back and forth with 5 or 6 sellers to explain what I need. Every time ends in frustration.

Now this may be an interface issue, but it sure seems to me that sellers should respond to something they can do rather than post something ‘close to’ and make it painful to work together.

Are any other buyers using “Request a Gig” successfully or have any tips on how to do this better?

Regards,

Steve

Yeah, sadly, Fiverr does not allow sellers to directly communicate with buyers making requests. Instead they force their sellers to select a Gig from the Category/Subcategory from which the request was made. Only after the potential buyer first contacts a seller can communications begin. Buyers seeking responses to specific details in their requests will be sorely disappointed. On the other hand sellers are just “throwing offers against the wall to see if something sticks.”