Fiverr Community Forum

Confusion about milestone

hello guys,

so if I have got an order pending with 3 milestones. I complete the first milestone and get it approved, and now the 2nd milestone has started, but the buyer is asking for more than what was agreed. I did not know beforehand, it was only after working on the 1st milestone, that I realized that my price for milestone 2 was lot less, and the buyer is not willing to increase the price and I can not work on the 2nd milestone as a result.

so how do I get this resolved?
will I be able to get the milestone cancelled and order completed and get paid for the 1st milestone since I worked for it, and got it approved from the buyer?

what will be the procedure for this?

P

2 Likes

Milestone payments are like payment which is completed according to your work steps. As example If a client wants full branding of his/her brand then he/she can pay you via milestone, for logo design a milestone, for stationery design another milestone, for print materials another milestone and then the whole branding completed in 3 steps. The difference between fixed payment and milestone payment is fixed payment can be paid in one step but milestones payments are paid according to work steps.

2 Likes

yes sir, I know all that. I am just saying that I have got 1 milestone approved, but I do not want to continue with the further milestones. Can i get these upcoming milestone cancelled without losing the amount for the 1st milestone which as already been approved?

Check this out:https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010560178-Working-with-Milestones

I read that article, but it does not clearly answer my question. So I was hoping senior members would be able to help me out here.

1 Like

There is a contact us button at the bottom of the article if you require further help.

From my experience, the buyer has to cancel individual milestones. One time I tried in the past, it cancelled the entire order. I ended up contacting Customer Service whenever I had a Milestone issue, and they solved it for me.

Hopefully, it all works out for you!