Contact from outside companies offering jobs

debweb95

I just joined Fiverr 2 days ago, and yesterday I received an email from an outside employer through Fiverr. They had me go to Google Hangouts and basically “interviewed” me for a position as a content writer. They offered me the job, but then they wanted me to send information such as my name, address, phone, and email to a gmail account. I haven’t done it, because I know it violates TOS, and because I find the whole process rather suspicious and suspect a scam. But how did this happen? How and why would this company contact me through Fiverr and offer an outside job? Have I already violated TOS by talking to them on Google Hangouts? I’m confused.

I just joined Fiverr 2 days ago, and yesterday I received an email from an outside employer through Fiverr. They had me go to Google Hangouts and basically “interviewed” me for a position as a content writer. They offered me the job, but then they wanted me to send information such as my name, address, phone, and email to a gmail account. I haven’t done it, because I know it violates TOS, and because I find the whole process rather suspicious and suspect a scam. But how did this happen? How and why would this company contact me through Fiverr and offer an outside job? Have I already violated TOS by talking to them on Google Hangouts? I’m confused.

How and why would this company contact me through Fiverr and offer an outside job?

In order to promise you the moon, make you work a lot, and avoid paying you.

Have I already violated TOS by talking to them on Google Hangouts?

Yes.

How and why would this company contact me through Fiverr and offer an outside job? H

Besides what @catwriter said, more than likely because you are new. 😉

Archived