Fiverr Forum

Contacting buyer through email

how do i go about when a buyer request i contact them through their email address?

@massivetraffik

Cordially remind them (in the Fiverr message system) that it’s against Fiverr’s Terms of Service, and by doing so you both run the risk of being banned from Fiverr.

Right, don’t. They may be innocent and new. Or they may be trying to bank on your “Sheep status” and take advantage of YOUR being new.

I have a canned response when a buyer wants my personal email address:

"Unfortunately, I do not share personal information, such as my email address, with other Fiverr users, as that is against Fiverr’s terms of service. If you wish to contact me further, feel free to send me a private message through Fiverr."

I’ve had quite a few buyers request my personal email address in order to share and allow me to view a Google document they’ve created that needs to be edited by me. I’ve always had them upload an actual word processing file to the order page instead. But other than that, I can’t really think of a legitimate reason why someone would need your email address.

thank you all.am really grateful for all info.

What to do if the buyer needs my email address to invite me to his website so I can do the code editing ? (wordpress, shopify, wix… etc) and he needs my email !!

Contact support for permission.

Can the buyer give you login credentials?

I’m a writer, so I don’t know how it works for programmers, but some buyers wanted me to get information from their websites that were in the test phase and not open to public, so they gave me login credentials.